2015 Momentum 947

ScottCM

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flip it sucks! All the best for the op and recovery! 

Coming Tuesday I'll hear my fate after a MRI. They suspect a rotary cuff tare and possibly the top joint of the bicep and the muscle that goes under the arm and to the chest (apparently they all join kind in the same place in front of the shoulder on that ball).....and all week I was thinking "I'll just sleep this one off". Guess I should have taken it more serious not being able to put roll-on under my right arm with my left hand. Today has been hard not knowing what to do with myself! 

My hopes of a 3:30 947 have just faded away. Crashed this morning, broken collarbone and some other damage. sitting in hospital waiting for a surgeon.

Damn this sport can be cruel. Even when you are training it feels like you are not training enough and then real crap happens. I trained after shoulder surgery and a hernia repair and was surprised both times how quickly you can catch up again.

Set up an IDT with plastic on the floor, a big fan and lotsa movies. SLOW AND LOW.

Only good thing is you will come back hungrier.

Keep positive guys. I've destroyed my shoulder too (had to get it rebuilt and the bisep tendon stapled back into place). Get an IDT asap! Along with a nice collection of videos to watch on chilled sessions, when you're ready to start pushing it a bit then look at buying some of the Sufferfest sessions. If you do, you might just come out the other side fitter than when you started :).

Quick question regarding tapering. Know it has been mentioned here, but I am riding both the 55km MTB race and the 94.7 road race, so how would tapering work?

Would I taper for the mtb race, race on Sunday and then taper again for the road race? :huh:

Quick question regarding tapering. Know it has been mentioned here, but I am riding both the 55km MTB race and the 94.7 road race, so how would tapering work?

Would I taper for the mtb race, race on Sunday and then taper again for the road race? :huh:

I wouldn't bother tapering unless these are really your focus events... And to be honest, most of us don't train hard enough to warrant proper tapering.

Ride (MTB), rest, rest, ride (avg intensity), rest, rest, eat and hydrate, balls to the wall event

Been wondering, whats a good or average time to finish the race in?

I did my first race in 2013 and finished in 4 hours and 15min, last year I did it in 4 hours. Not sure what would be a good av time.

I did my first race in 2013 and finished in 4 hours and 15min, last year I did it in 4 hours. Not sure what would be a good av time.

It would be different for everyone.

From the pros to the back markers, we all have our individual goals based on abilities and fitness level.

So my best answer is to say that a good average time is the one that allows you to reach/exceed your goal.

I'd say a really good time would be under 2 hours.

So good in fact that you may even get a prize.

Well, an average time, for you currently, would be 4h and 7.5 mins........(sorry, it's been a slow day).

What group you starting in? A good time is largely dependent on what group you in. If your in one of the back groups id say its very unlikely you'll break 3 hours and if your a licensed vet you should go in under 3 easily bar issues.

Flip it sucks! All the best for the op and recovery! 

Coming Tuesday I'll hear my fate after a MRI. They suspect a rotary cuff tare and possibly the top joint of the bicep and the muscle that goes under the arm and to the chest (apparently they all join kind in the same place in front of the shoulder on that ball).....and all week I was thinking "I'll just sleep this one off". Guess I should have taken it more serious not being able to put roll-on under my right arm with my left hand. Today has been hard not knowing what to do with myself! 

Wish you goodluck. I am currently recovering from Rotary cuff surgery. Its now 4 months and still some pain and mobility issues. Only started cycling two weeks ago. Something I learned - do not miss any Physio cessions because if it change to a Frozen Shoulder the recovery time and pain doubles.

Here are some statistics from 2014.   (But to answer your question, you need to decided how to define "good")

Female	Male	Unknown	All
Mode	04:03	03:53	02:53	03:53
Mean	04:51	04:14	04:13	04:22

Percentiles:				
0%	02:39	02:21	02:31	02:21
5%	03:15	02:47	02:42	02:50
10%	03:31	02:58	02:53	03:02
25%	04:00	03:24	03:21	03:30
50%	04:44	04:02	03:57	04:11
75%	05:33	04:52	04:45	05:03

post-41865-0-96040600-1446469103_thumb.png

Notes:

• Times for mode and the graph are rounded off to 5min intervals.
  • If you are not familiar with the statistical terms: Mode, Mean, Percentile
  • You can see the "Sub 3hr" and "Sub 4hr" peaks on the graph. :thumbup:  It's interesting how arbitrary time goals do motivate people.

Archived