Emperors Palace Classic 2015

Harryn

Time to start preparing, chatting and generally obsessing about this race!

Does anyone have a gpx file from last year? Or any previous year? Please pm me if you can help.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm riding there, dropping down to the open groups to "ride" with club members, then riding home again. A good >150Km training ride at (close to) race pace.

I'm riding there, dropping down to the open groups to "ride" with club members, then riding home again. A good >150Km training ride at (close to) race pace.

Please let me know what time etc, would like to ride with you to the start

Please let me know what time etc, would like to ride with you to the start

We're planning to leave from Merv's Hardware in Albemarle (just off Grey avenue) at 05:00 and get there between 06:00 and 06:30. 

It's a 20Km route from there to the start - with one stop along the way to meet up with other members that stay closer to the start. Also allowing time in case of punctures along the route.

Will keep you posted closer to the time.

After the Emperors Classic, races are very scarce - is this down to Winter or some other reason?

OT: Looking very forward to this race. It was my first road race and I for one will be keen to take another go at it!

We're planning to leave from Merv's Hardware in Albemarle (just off Grey avenue) at 05:00 and get there between 06:00 and 06:30. 

It's a 20Km route from there to the start - with one stop along the way to meet up with other members that stay closer to the start. Also allowing time in case of punctures along the route.

Will keep you posted closer to the time.

Been off the bike for 9 weeks. ZERO riding, but start yesterday with a 30 min ride. Perhaps I can muster the fitness to join you??

When is it?

Entries are now open for the eighth edition of the Emperors Palace Classic, which takes place over the weekend of 11 and 12 April 2015.

The event, which sees more than 7000 cyclists converge on the popular entertainment complex, is hosted by ASG Events.

Entries are open on www.cycleevents.co.za

Road Classic Entry Fees:

102km: R290

50km: R150

MTB Classic Entry Fees:

40km: R170

20km: R130

REGISTRATION DATES

Thursday 9 April 2015: Cycle Lab Nicol Grove, Design Quarter Shopping Centre,

Fourways. 10h00 - 16h00.

Friday 10 April 2014: Convention Centre, Emperors Palace, Kempton Park. 10h00 - 16h00

Saturday 11 April 2014: Convention Centre, Emperors Palace, Kempton Park. 9:00 – 15:00

I have a gpx file from last year. PM me your email ad and I'll send it to you.

Pm sent, many thanks!

Archived