Tokai and Silvermine to remain closed to the public

News bot

They're already felling the lower forest between tokai and spaansgemat rd

yes I am aware of that felling. I'm talking of the upper slopes which will be out of bounds till the end of 2016

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pay back for activity card... R460 to drain???

Cant we cycle up jeep track to Mast and back? Just put sign and we enter on our own risks..

Cant we cycle up jeep track to Mast and back? Just put sign and we enter on our own risks..

No. 

And there is a rumour of a partial refund for activity card holders, but I will provide more info once it's been confirmed and the actual numbers are decided upon. For now it's not finalised. 

Just to make it clear - NO. 

You can NOT ride in Tokai. If you are caught, you WILL be fined, banned and most likely prosecuted for trespassing. It's THAT serious. 

All of it is off limits including the jeep track

Capitan, it's not a rumour..

Parks will just calculate the refund based on the the time remaining on the card, that is of course if you don't want to cycle anywhere else in the reserve.

No. 

And there is a rumour of a partial refund for activity card holders, but I will provide more info once it's been confirmed and the actual numbers are decided upon. For now it's not finalised. 

Just to make it clear - NO. 

You can NOT ride in Tokai. If you are caught, you WILL be fined, banned and most likely prosecuted for trespassing. It's THAT serious. 

Glad you highlighted the important bits, several people have already incurred unexpected costs for ignoring the closure, some even despite being warned not to enter. You'll surely read about it somewhere, "unfairly fined in Tokai by SANP", or it will be used against them much later in some unrelated argument.. 

Let it be said that the value of the fine even invoked a choke from me.. much higher than we have ever made reference to.. considerably. a lot. laaaank!

Edited by (insert name here..)

yes I am aware of that felling. I'm talking of the upper slopes which will be out of bounds till the end of 2016

Logging underway on upper slopes and includes weekends to beat winter delays. Watercourses being cleared for winter prep and wood stakes for silt retention ordered from milling team.

Intervention will continue regardless of emergency funding finalisation timeline. 

Lot's of activity right now.. looking good for mountain biking btw.. ;)

Let it be said that the value of the fine even invoked a choke from me.. much higher than we have ever made reference to.. considerably. a lot. laaaank!

How many moolas?  Spit it out!

ha ha, ja.. no go.

Funny, the first guy was not only in the park while it was still burning, he was on a motorbike too which is really asking for k@k, heard he's from the media.

Myles, Mark, could be that guy we heard making his way up through Chrysalis as that's how he gained access.. it was about that time too.

ha ha, ja.. no go.

Funny, the first guy was not only in the park while it was still burning, he was on a motorbike too which is really asking for k@k, heard he's from the media.

Myles, Mark, could be that guy we heard making his way up through Chrysalis as that's how he gained access.. it was about that time too.

can you just confirm.... absolutely no go for ou wa pad, silvermine and tokai?

For those who are getting the refunds, don't forget that the Activity Card can be used for Cape Point and Table Mountain. Why not give those a try first before tipping the baby out with the bathwater. ;)