KITTED NW Chainrings - COPIED ***BEWARE***

Kitted

Good day Hubbers,

We would just like to let you know that we are currently fighting a legal battle against the people that assisted us in manufacturing our chainrings.

They have gone behind our back and started selling our chainrings with their name on it, it is the exact same design, tooth profile, engraving, anodising ect. We had no beef with them up until last week when they decided to up our manufacturing costs by more than double, we now understand why!!!

ACC Billet Engineering (Pro Billet) decided to take it upon themselves to use our designs that we have paid for and worked on for the past year and go ahead and make some for themselves. We discovered this on the weekend when we walked into one of our clients shops and saw this "NEW" locally manufactured chainring on a bike.

After closer inspection we could notice that this was our chainring, we spoke to the shop owner and he gave us the invoice he was presented with and we saw all the details of the company that we are using.

We are not sure how many stores they have approached and sold "their" chainrings to but if you do get approached by "ANGIE" please do not buy anything from her/them.

We have put time and money into our business and the fact that they do not have any business ethics and take other company property for them selves means we will not take this sitting down.

Please guys if you know of anyone else who has one of these chainrings, please let us know ASAP>

I have attached some photos of the chainring we found and one of ours so you can see the resemblance.

Thanks

The KITTED Team 

post-54761-0-52442200-1428907562_thumb.jpg

post-54761-0-92916900-1428907865_thumb.jpeg

post-54761-0-84173000-1428907901_thumb.jpeg

Whats the legal take on this? Surely one signs a document of sorts which prevents the manufacturer from selling it themselves? Not sure what the usual approach is but that would be my first concern.

Balls!!!  :cursing:  bunches of boxes!!

That's just  so off pi$$ing!

Hope you guys get it sorted!

The irony is that you will be able shut them down at great cost to yourself, but you will also lose your manufacturer for your own product.

That is just a fugly attitude... I hope you wrapped them up nicely with your manufacturing contract and can shut that down. 

Just wondering besides the colours, visual appearance, logos etc. is there actually any real technical difference between different narrow/wide chainrings? I mean narrow wide surely can't have much to 'develop' on ... there's no shifting or anything ....

Having said that it is a real dick move by the manufacturer but unless there is some legal contract in place it could be untidy.

the basic design might be free to all, otherwise Sram would be knockcing on everyone's door, although they got the idea from someone else right?

But if they are literally taking 'your product' off the production line and packing one box for you and then another box for them and trying to undercut you, that's a poor move.