Emmarentia vs cyclists (again)

wonduhboy

Understandable.

However: 

Dear dog-walker.

Please teach your dog to not lick my spokes in transit. 

If a little rat-dog comes flying out of a bush, rocking his own strava-agenda or something, it will have a bad day.

But on a serious not: It's a park: Not a bike-park, dog-park, extreme-jogger-park, it's a park-park. Share and try be considerate to all users.

Wrong attitude, go have a chat with yourself and try again....we have less right than them to be there....deal with the fact that there are dogs / kids / walkers and ride with that in mind the whole time you are in the park. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wrong attitude, go have a chat with yourself and try again....we have less right than them to be there....deal with the fact that there are dogs / kids / walkers and ride with that in mind the whole time you are in the park. 

Correct,  exactly the same reason we don't take our KTM adventures into the park. 

Correct,  exactly the same reason we don't take our KTM adventures into the park. 

Presies

In my opinion its a ticking time bomb, the best result will actually be that ALL bicycles are BANNED from the park as much as it pains me to say that. The risk is just too big. Imagine a dog or worse case, kid gets hit by a cyclist travelling 30km/h plus....and people travel at that speed.

Bikes are allowed in the park, they just not allowed in the Botanical gardens area. 

There are Arseholes on the spruit everywhere. Some of them a Cycle Wankers, some are Walkers, Some are Dog Owners.

Wait...there are Arseholes everywhere. Just more of them on the Spruit.

Of course if you see a fellow cyclist behaving like a Capetonian then have a polite word. (Rouxtjie Style)

If you see a person walking their 5 dogs off leashes, please educate them politely. (Good Luck) As they are always very reasonable people.

When the poster maker gets in their Audi SUV and drives off with said dogs jumping around the car on their way to Rocket, after not picking up the poop. I'm sure they will give me the 1.5 metres as they drive cautiously past me while reading the text from their mate. "Hey Boet, running late. I did an extra WOD at CROSSFIT. Order me a lean Chicken breast and remember Boet. No Carbs" 

But that is just a horrible generalization.

Agree. Consideration is key. I haven't seen cyclists behaving badly, but I have seen guys pedalling at pace, at quiet times.

Only problem I have is with joggers/runners, coming towards you. They tend to run heads down, with that ever present painful grimace; normally plugged into an MP3 device, so shouting and the bell yield no result.

This has caused 2 minor fall overs, with 2 broken helmets as a result. No problem: pleasantries and apologies exchanged, and off we go...

As the green & purple oke said: Sharing is Caring.... :ph34r:

Bikes are allowed in the park, they just not allowed in the Botanical gardens area. 

There are Arseholes on the spruit everywhere. Some of them a Cycle Wankers, some are Walkers, Some are Dog Owners.

Wait...there are Arseholes everywhere. Just more of them on the Spruit.

Of course if you see a fellow cyclist behaving like a Capetonian then have a polite word. (Rouxtjie Style)

If you see a person walking their 5 dogs off leashes, please educate them politely. (Good Luck) As they are always very reasonable people.

When the poster maker gets in their Audi SUV and drives off with said dogs jumping around the car on their way to Rocket, after not picking up the poop. I'm sure they will give me the 1.5 metres as they drive cautiously past me while reading the text from their mate. "Hey Boet, running late. I did an extra WOD at CROSSFIT. Order me a lean Chicken breast and remember Boet. No Carbs" 

But that is just a horrible generalization.

whahahahah

Do you even lift brotha?

You may not - but I have seen more than one motorised mx/enduro/adventure bike in the park.

Even a GS 1200...  but he was so bad a rider it was laughable...

Ek sweer dips, its very chilled SS ride....hell I dont even take a garmin, and everyone knows its chilled...so wifes / girlfriends join because we don't go to mordor, we just barely poot a foot outside the shire.... we talk crap, dont even take race fuel and hardly break a sweat.

You must see these poephols bra, they are a menace, skeem they are on a TT, blasting inches from children and dogs...and then every cyclist gets a bad rep cause of their kuk attitude. I think we should start tjooning them before they actually hit a person or pet cause heaven knows, they will be killed by the walkers and parents and I will help whomever is doing the killing.

THE SPRUIT ISN'T A RACE TRAIL....GO TO BREEDTS / VG / HAKUNA MATATA / THABA / LANSERIA TO CHEESE / MAGALIESBERG IF YOU WANT TO MEASURE YOUR TOTTIE

I THINK THATS THE PROBLEM ITS A TOTTIE AND NOT TOT HIER :ph34r:

You may not - but I have seen more than one motorised mx/enduro/adventure bike in the park.

Even a GS 1200...  but he was so bad a rider it was laughable...

Unbelievable...as edgar said....dicks, they are everywhere. 

Also as edgar pointed out, we not allowed in the botantical garden section which is where the okes tend to praaaap down the long down...lots of kids and dog owners playing fetch. Recipe for disaster.

Unbelievable...as edgar said....dicks, they are everywhere. 

Also as edgar pointed out, we not allowed in the botantical garden section which is where the okes tend to praaaap down the long down...lots of kids and dog owners playing fetch. Recipe for disaster.

Personally I think it's all about respect - I respect the walkers and legitimate visitors to the parks - slowing down and accelerating again makes for good training...

BUT - dogs off leashes are not legitimate - and as far as I am concerned - their owners are targets.... of especially my verbal remonstrations.....

I am just waiting for someone to paint STRAVA all over that sign.... if I know where it was I might have a go at that myself....  maybe I need Carbonboy to help.... :)

AHHHH ALL YOU HOLIER THAN THOUs out there

STEP UP HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE KOMs, AND 1-10 place DONT LIE BIATCHAS  

I FOLLOW HALF OF YOU

Personally I think it's all about respect - I respect the walkers and legitimate visitors to the parks - slowing down and accelerating again makes for good training...

BUT - dogs off leashes are not legitimate - and as far as I am concerned - their owners are targets.... of especially my verbal remonstrations.....

I am just waiting for someone to paint STRAVA all over that sign.... if I know where it was I might have a go at that myself....  maybe I need Carbonboy to help.... :)

deffos, respect is key...hell call it good neighbourlyness or whatever.

I dont agree with the dogs off leashes statement though, kids are not on leashes and their movements are as random as that of dogs, us as the cyclists need to accept that they are there and have a right to be there and run around randomly....we have to be heaven forbid, the grownup / smarter specie in this case. We are responsible for not hitting them, travelling fast makes us the dicks...and as pointed out earlier, we are tech not allowed in the botanical garden section, which is also where the okes tend to praaap. If you hit a child / person / dog...you are 100% in the wrong, no matter the circumstance. You shouldn't have been there to start with so if a kid or dog runs in front of you, YOU are to blame....

AHHHH ALL YOU HOLIER THAN THOUs out there

STEP UP HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE KOMs, AND 1-10 place DONT LIE BIATCHAS  

I FOLLOW HALF OF YOU

I have the KOM on the last 100m sprint to Vida, does that count?

Archived