Takes a bit of work!

Mind you when driving a Left Hand drive car for the first time it's hard work changing gear with your right hand/arm.

Nah. My first introduction to driving was changing gear for my dad. From when I was a kippie.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We asked three different builders to quote us on our building project and they are starting to get back to us with prices now. We have a meeting on Friday morning with the first builder we talked to. The other two are not far behind.

It has taken longer than I expected for them to put their quotes together, but they are quoting everything from the new roof on top down to the water service trenches from the street at the bottom . . . and everything in-between.

We should also hear from the municipality this week regarding planning permission. When I spoke to them recently they said that everything was going well and the council architect was happy apart from a small question that needed to be cleared up with our architect.

Slowly but surely . . . . .

:-)

We asked three different builders to quote us on our building project and they are starting to get back to us with prices now. We have a meeting on Friday morning with the first builder we talked to. The other two are not far behind.

It has taken longer than I expected for them to put their quotes together, but they are quoting everything from the new roof on top down to the water service trenches from the street at the bottom . . . and everything in-between.

We should also hear from the municipality this week regarding planning permission. When I spoke to them recently they said that everything was going well and the council architect was happy apart from a small question that needed to be cleared up with our architect.

Slowly but surely . . . . .

I stayed with a Belgian family running a BnB in andalucia for a week and they said the hardest thing for them to adapt to was, in their words, "This culture of Mañana". ie: We can do it tomorrow instead. Probably worse in the south though!

I stayed with a Belgian family running a BnB in andalucia for a week and they said the hardest thing for them to adapt to was, in their words, "This culture of Mañana". ie: We can do it tomorrow instead. Probably worse in the south though!

Mañana por mañana ( the morning of tomorrow) is the big one.

Sounds like you're describing Cape Town. It's like the old joke puts it: Why is Cape Town called the Mother City? Because it takes nine months to get anything done!

Sent from my GT-S6790 using Tapatalk

Sounds like you're describing Cape Town. It's like the old joke puts it: Why is Cape Town called the Mother City? Because it takes nine months to get anything done!

In my experience, Durban is even worse... SOOO slow! And having been brought up there, I have a bit more experience in the matter. 

Edited by Myles Mayhew

Baggies. Trail bike. DOOOOO EEEEEEET!!!

Would you believe that I am the ONLY GUY in Ainsa on an MTB in "roadie kit" . . . .

shocking hey?

Keeping busy while I wait for quotes and planning permission . . . .

That sure is a great way to be waiting, keeping busy and passing time.

Then you haven't been to the Garden Route yet [emoji43]

Then you haven't been to the Garden Route yet [emoji43]

You mean the part our country that's still stuck in the 80's? Where the shops close early on a Saturday and only opens again at 9am on Monday? Where if they had an eternity to do something they'll still miss the deadline? Where you have to travel over an hour to go see a movie at Ster Kinekor? Where if you don't have a car it takes forever to travel 10k's using what passes for public transportation? :whistling:

I have actually been to your part of the world a few times especially since I work on ships and Mosselbaai is the nearest harbour to the Oil and Gas fields on our South East coast. Even holidaying there as a kid with my family.

You mean the part our country that's still stuck in the 80's? Where the shops close early on a Saturday and only opens again at 9am on Monday? Where if they had an eternity to do something they'll still miss the deadline? Where you have to travel over an hour to go see a movie at Ster Kinekor? Where if you don't have a car it takes forever to travel 10k's using what passes for public transportation? :whistling:

I have actually been to your part of the world a few times especially since I work on ships and Mosselbaai is the nearest harbour to the Oil and Gas fields on our South East coast. Even holidaying there as a kid with my family.

So true, I am an ex Freestater and I have real difficulty after 16 years to adjust to the pace of these people, they call it "Outeniqua Rust (Roes)" [emoji53]

So true, I am an ex Freestater and I have real difficulty after 16 years to adjust to the pace of these people, they call it "Outeniqua Rust (Roes)" [emoji53]

Well they're only busy from late November to late March with a small spike for the buffalo rally around Easter. You don't want to know how many of my colleagues wind up going off the rails because of the lax atmosphere that reigns there. Daai roes maak maar soms baie lelik met die seemanne!