I think its the medication. I've given up on matching sock length and colours. As long as I'm wearing one on each foot I think I'll be ok. 

A bit about the pretty spot from wikipedia.

Alquézar (Alquezra in Aragonese)[2] is a municipality in the province of Huesca, in the autonomous community of Aragon, Spain. As of 2012, its population was 301.

Situated on a limestone outcrop of Eocene age to the west of the canyon of the Rio Vero in the Sierra y Cañones de Guara Natural Park, the village grew up around a castle and the Collegiate church of Santa Maria, which was consecrated in 1099.

The name of the village comes from the Arabic القصر al qaçr for "fort" or "castle" (renamed as Alcazar in Spanish)

LOL. Give me some of that, please...

And yeah, it's an absolutely stunning spot, that 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think its the medication. I've given up on matching sock length and colours. As long as I'm wearing one on each foot I think I'll be ok. 

A bit about the pretty spot from wikipedia.

Alquézar (Alquezra in Aragonese)[2] is a municipality in the province of Huesca, in the autonomous community of Aragon, Spain. As of 2012, its population was 301.

Situated on a limestone outcrop of Eocene age to the west of the canyon of the Rio Vero in the Sierra y Cañones de Guara Natural Park, the village grew up around a castle and the Collegiate church of Santa Maria, which was consecrated in 1099.

The name of the village comes from the Arabic القصر al qaçr for "fort" or "castle" (renamed as Alcazar in Spanish)

And in a flash, Popcorn-Boy is promoted to "Tour Guide" for Casa Bonus & Wendy . . .  :-)

Can't believe I haven't been following this thread. I'm at a loss for words. I just spent the last hour catching up. Incredible. Always been interested in Spain. Especially the Catalonia side. Never Been. 

And in a flash, Popcorn-Boy is promoted to "Tour Guide" for Casa Bonus & Wendy . . .  :-)

I regret to advise that however savvy my google maps and google translate abilities might be. I would make a terrible tour guide! I once got lost in Turkey with my brother. I was literally on the wrong continent trying to find our hotel in Istanbul. I also got terribly lost in Bali a couple years later. I was on a knocking about on a scooter with a cheap travel phone I bought there and it had no GPS. Eventually found my way back to my wife though. Then last year Doha. Frikadel I couldn't even find my way out of the airport. Then I went for a walk after we dumped the bags at the hotel and 2 blocks later I was lost. Sim card wasn't working so had to ask the guy at Starbucks to call my hotel to collect me. It was embarrassingly close by and I was back in less than 10 minutes.

Lekka pics Bonus! How weird does it feel cycling on the other side of the road? Especially on that second pic coming round a blind corner... Has instinct caught up with where you are or is it still a little daunting looking over the other shoulder and having to do the opposite side of all your safety checks whilst on the bike?

Lekka pics Bonus! How weird does it feel cycling on the other side of the road? Especially on that second pic coming round a blind corner... Has instinct caught up with where you are or is it still a little daunting looking over the other shoulder and having to do the opposite side of all your safety checks whilst on the bike?

I was thinking that too.. but first I said. . Hey she's on the wrong side.. oh never mind [emoji23] [emoji23]

The "coming around a blind corner" thing isn't a major deal, because you know that no one will be coming towards you (excepting Gen I suppose . . . . . ) on what would be "the wrong side of the road" for them.

The general idea of riding on the right is fine. You get used to it quickly. Maybe passing another cyclist on their lhs will be odd, if it ever happens! Lol

I have to really think when crossing over the road. I seem to look straight ahead for oncoming but have to remember the cars going the same way as me are behind me but on the right side.It's an odd feeling not even sure how I get it right. However.......twice Bonus has driven on the wrong side. Thank goodness he realised quickly enough. When we first arrived we were always aware of where to drive but as you get more used to it you end up just instinctively driving. It's like learning to drive all over again.

I have to really think when crossing over the road. I seem to look straight ahead for oncoming but have to remember the cars going the same way as me are behind me but on the right side.It's an odd feeling not even sure how I get it right. However.......twice Bonus has driven on the wrong side. Thank goodness he realised quickly enough. When we first arrived we were always aware of where to drive but as you get more used to it you end up just instinctively driving. It's like learning to drive all over again.

When driving, if you are closer to the pavement than the centre line, you're on the wrong side of the road!

Some years ago, I bought a car and road tripped from the Netherlands, through Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. For the first few days, I could drive for an hour before needing to sleep for a bit, the concentration was exhausting. It got better after a few days. Traffic circles were fun though...

Funny, when I was in spain and the USA I never had that problem... Maybe just wasn't there long enough!

Bonus & Wendy, I have to say that I am still excessively jealous. Both from a chutzpah as well as a geographical & lifestyle perspective. Living my dream. 

Bon chance. 

When driving, if you are closer to the pavement than the centre line, you're on the wrong side of the road!

Some years ago, I bought a car and road tripped from the Netherlands, through Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Spain. For the first few days, I could drive for an hour before needing to sleep for a bit, the concentration was exhausting. It got better after a few days. Traffic circles were fun though...

We're doing it the really hard way - driving a right hand drive UK (or SA if you like) car on the right hand side of a European road! So while I drive I'm right next to the verge and Wendy, much to her horror, is out in the middle of the road! ;-)

We're doing it the really hard way - driving a right hand drive UK (or SA if you like) car on the right hand side of a European road! So while I drive I'm right next to the verge and Wendy, much to her horror, is out in the middle of the road! ;-)

Ah. That would make it more difficult. 

Ah. That would make it more difficult.

Takes a bit of work!

Mind you when driving a Left Hand drive car for the first time it's hard work changing gear with your right hand/arm.