Fenix 3 or apple watch

Runbikeswim

Been waiting for the fenix 3 for what feels forever. Now it's finally here at a jaw dropping 8500. Any one know of a place that is cheaper? And any one have one yet so they can provide feedback?

I'm now torn... Get the fenix 3 or wait for for the Apple watch?

Been waiting for the fenix 3 for what feels forever. Now it's finally here at a jaw dropping 8500. Any one know of a place that is cheaper? And any one have one yet so they can provide feedback?

I'm now torn... Get the fenix 3 or wait for for the Apple watch?

Please not the apple watch.

Its not even remotely in the same league as the fenix.

Beasides you cant even swim with the apple.

The Fenix looks like a great all rounder! The Apple watch won't come anywhere near it, and it'll probably be a lot more...

Starting to save up now, I think the Fenix could even replace my Edge 810 because it reads from all the sensors that came with the Edge, and even more, and it takes the weight off the bike too...

For me there isnt anything that comes close to the fenix 3, and I love the Suunto ambit 3(it just looks so much better).

http://www.techradar.com/news/wearables/apple-is-going-to-make-the-world-s-best-running-watch-1288354

this guy reckons the apple watch will be the thing to have in 2017 (ambitious in my mind)..but right now this is his quote about it...which i love

"The Apple Watch doesn't have GPS, it can't structure training plans to get you fitter, and the battery will last as long as a chocolate roll at an eight-year-old's birthday party. It's not in the same league as dedicated running watches by any stretch of the imagination, so for the enthusiast it's a non-starter."

No contest. Fenix 3 is a dedicated fitness tool. Also saving for one and also think it will replace my edge 800 since it has all the same functions as the edge range (dc rainmaker review). All lastly...it looks awesome!! Cant wait. Will wait for the gray version however.

What they said ^^

The Apple watch is a glorified step-counter...at 10x the price.

That Fenix is a stunner and is for sure a better fitness device that the Apple. but R8500 for the Fenix is certainly not a cheapie. Problem for me is the Fenix is too little for my eyes on the bike. But it's so pretty it makes me want to take up running

I ordered my fēnix 3 Sapphire via Clever Training some time ago. I used the DC Rainmaker 10% discount coupon and had it delivered to a hotel in USA for a mate to collect and bring home for me(free shipping inside the USA). I got an SMS from him yesterday to say he has it. He lands this weekend sometime.

Super excited about this. The watch looks very slick, and this way, it cost a little over R6K.

Edited by Jigghead

www.clevertraining.com

Legit, I know of someone who has bought from there..

if dcrainmaker backs it, it's legit

www.clevertraining.com

Legit, I know of someone who has bought from there..

I have the fenix 3, for about a month now.

Use it for trail running and riding.

If you want a functional, practical watch that can be used to supplement your training, maybe save your life on a cloud covered mountain a night

by getting you home, and then notify you have an sms or email from your

ph, then get the fenix.

If you want a watch that looks cool get the apple.

In reality I don't think they serve the same purpose.

Fenix has OODLES more functionality than the Iwatch gizmo thing and can be used for a whole lot more, with the added bonus of not looking like a complete tool when you put it on.

Fenix any day of the week. Plus it still has smart functionality

I've ordered a few times from Clever Training and they're the bomb. Their service is out of this world!