Review: Silverback Signo Tecnica

Iwan Kemp

Designed from the ground up around the use of a 29" front and 27.5" rear wheel, Silverback's 279 range of mountain bikes are not your usual run of the crowd bikes. By doing this Silverback believe that they have combined the best of both worlds into one chassis giving the rider an advantage on the trail.

Click here to view the article

What is the head angle? Also seems like a huge oversight to not have dropper cable routing?

What is the head angle? Also seems like a huge oversight to not have dropper cable routing?

67° with a 140mm RockShox Revelation. Nice.

I don't comment on colors and graphics often as it's very subjective. In this case I liked the Matt / Flat gray with Orangy Red accents. Not another gloss back bike

Just something to bear in mind if you are considering this bike and it will be the only one you own:

Extract from the CSA Mountain Bike Regulations:

14.01.002 Bicycles must use a wheel on both front and back of the same size for all disciplines of Mountain Bike competition.

Seems like a stupid rule to me, but there you go.

I guess this applies even to casual local races that are sanctioned by the CSA.

Good specs vs price point.

67deg HA, Long top tube.

Nice muted colours to complement the 'burly' nature in a sea of Cyan/Torquoise/Pink/Magenta/whatever colours previously found with baskets and ribbons...

Rebirth of the mixed wheel scenerio.

Nice and progressive from Silverback IMO.

Edited by Ryanpmb

Good specs vs price point.

67deg HA, Long tube.

Nice muted colours to complement the 'burly' nature in a sea of Cyan/Torquoise/Pink/Magenta/whatever colours previously found with baskets and ribbons...

Rebirth of the mixed wheel scenerio.

Nice and progressive from Silverback IMO.

I have to agree. This bike seems like such a bold move.

The colour doesn't reflect that.

This bike isn't going to appeal to the mass market or beginner riders, so why go for the muted colours? Personally I think a bright metallic green would better suit this bike..but that's just my opinion