Pyga Industries launches the Stage: a new carbon marathon bike with a twist

News bot

I agree that these bike don't have the same winning pedigree as a Specialized but does that mean Pat should give them away at cost price and not make a profit?

Secondly please show me where I can get an S-Works Epic for less than R94 400.00

S works Epic has a much better spec than this friend.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from the Brain suspension what is much better?

Not sure about that eh. Apart from the 35mm dropper and the carbon bar, not much difference. XX1 vs xtr, both RS1, raceface next sl crank vs xtr (point in favour of the pyga on that one) and then both have carbon rims... Apart from that and the SWAT system, there's just a case of sram vs shimano.

Morewood's are best know for the gravity side, going downhill FAST.

G

Soooo, what I'm getting here is that you're a fan...?

B

Yes, I have one of his bikes, and will be getting a 2nd.

G

Soooo, what I'm getting here is that you're a fan...?

Not sure about that eh. Apart from the 35mm dropper and the carbon bar, not much difference. XX1 vs xtr, both RS1, raceface next sl crank vs xtr (point in favour of the pyga on that one) and then both have carbon rims... Apart from that and the SWAT system, there's just a case of sram vs shimano.

If you have to ask. A s works is jot for you. Its all about the weight.

Agreed, apart from the dropper and Brain inertia valves I would say the Pyga is better spec'd.

XX1, Next SL Crank, KMC chain, Next carbon bar & seatpost are all lighter and better in my opinion.

The Pyga frame and Rims aren't as light but are stronger than the Spez frame and Rovals.

Weights should be around the same: kulhavy's bike with XX1 is 10.4kg and Pat's Pyga is currently 10.7kg but I'm not sure of bar, seatpost, saddle, stem and tyres. 

If memory serves the Epic RRP: is +- R130k

Edit: Oh and that's running proper tyres not super lightweight S-Works fast track's.

Edited by Spoke101

Agreed, apart from the dropper and Brain inertia valves I would say the Pyga is better spec'd.

XX1, Next SL Crank, KMC chain, Next carbon bar & seatpost are all lighter and better in my opinion.

The Pyga frame and Rims aren't as light but are stronger than the Spez frame and Rovals.

Weights should be around the same: kulhavy's bike with XX1 is 10.4kg and Pat's Pyga is currently 10.7kg but I'm not sure of bar, seatpost, saddle, stem and tyres. 

If memory serves the Epic RRP: is +- R130k

Edit: Oh and that's running proper tyres not super lightweight S-Works fast track's.

So right there, that is me out of this argument. No proof to back that.

So right there, that is me out of this argument. No proof to back that.

It's hardly an argument with the only informative comments and contributions coming from Spoke101 and El Capitan...

It's hardly an argument with the only informative comments and contributions coming from Spoke101 and El Capitan...

True, but this was never a vs thread. The Pyga is great looking, BUT, none of us have ridden it. Where almost everyone has ridden a Epic.

True, but this was never a vs thread. The Pyga is great looking, BUT, none of us have ridden it. Where almost everyone has ridden a Epic.

I've ridden a Max. Never ridden an Epic. Colour me alternative.

Edited by Ryanpmb

I've ridden the Max. Never ridden an Epic. Colour me alternative.

Thats quite alternative, not having ridden the most popular marathon bike in SA. Maybe go try it sometime, it really is quite nice. First available demo day I wil go ride the Pyga. For sure. Open minded.

Means exactly what i said, s-works followers in the thousands, so theres more than enough people who can afford this bike. But changing the minds of those followers might be Pyga's first problem.

Wasn't the word "copy" superfluous?

Thats quite alternative, not having ridden the most popular marathon bike in SA. Maybe go try it sometime, it really is quite nice. First available demo day I wil go ride the Pyga. For sure. Open minded.

I'm sure it is. As are most of these expensive bikes. Back to PYGA.