I have a Giant Revel 29er amd I am thinking of buying a second hand Giant Reign 3 26er. I am really getting into jumps and more technical stuff. Would you advice going for that or not? Keep in mind I am on a tight budget otherwise I would just go and buy a new 29er dual suspension. :)

Edited by Jason vd Merwe

If you're going to do more trail kinda riding, I would definitely consider a 26er over a 29er. 650b would be the best obviously :ph34r: but 26er is just as good for that type of riding.

Definitely go for the 26er if you are on a tight budget and you want to do trail riding. Keep the 29er if you can, and you've got the best of both worlds :thumbup:  

Definitely go for the 26er if you are on a tight budget and you want to do trail riding. Keep the 29er if you can, and you've got the best of both worlds :thumbup:  

Good advice,  i sold my trance 26er to go the 29er route biggest mistake i ever made, ilove my 29er but, i really miss that bad boy keep both  if you can.

Also "swopped out" my Trance for a 29"wheeler.  Still have huge regrets. Do as Stevie says and have no regrets. 

Edited by Sepia

Good advice,  i sold my trance 26er to go the 29er route biggest mistake i ever made, ilove my 29er but, i really miss that bad boy keep both  if you can.

yeah keep the 29er if you plan on entering the odd xc race etc. The 26 for much more technical riding

Love my 26er Yeti 575, same type of bike, but also like my 29er hardtail for longer rides. So glad I could get the 29er without selling the Yeti