Sani2c 2016

Squier

My partner asked me why we stopping for Red Bull when I don't even drink the stuff....I asked him if he was farking blind!!!!

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

• Replies 467
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all great event, but must say black boxes/car shuttles at the finish is a problem. Hopefully they can come up with a better alternative.

And then the Telkom "boltspeed" wi-fi - did not deliver, either did not connect or when connected 0 speed!

Perhaps we can get bags similar to W2W which we could receive at the end of the ride in the parking lot instead of a finishers t-shirt, then we could dump all our stuff into the bag and off we go... ?

Does she have a Instagram account? I would like her selfies more than our local selfie king #Ilovemyselfevan

angie_fitness_roux

I know Glen is always looking for areas for improvements and in that light was wondering whether it would be better to have the final black box drop off at the Scottburgh school grounds rather than at the finish venue.

This is how it used to be.

Pros: Nice finish, plenty of space, there were showers at the end.

Cons: The fkn ride up to the school was a real pain in the arse.

Personally I'm not sure I'm fussed about either option.  It is Sani2C and finishing on the beach is part of that jol.

One year my brother finished the race, jumped into the sea to wash the mud off and then got on a plane to Sydney.  He says it wasn't much of a problem (for him anyway, he didn't ask the passengers around him :) ) but that is pretty hardcore.

This was one of the best Sani's for a while.

Day 1 has been improved by the new single track - to me it feels appreciably harder, but maybe I was just pushing too hard for me.

Day 2 is pretty standard Day 2.  Way easier than it was back in the day.  No hills, no sketchy baby head covered giant's staircase to kill yourself on, no 40 deg C to keep you warm on the way out of the Umko.  Still one of the best days on a bike.

Day 3 - longer than it was a few years ago, but missing some of the challenging hills.  I kind of miss the hills, but it is a nice final day given that you have two long days in your legs.

I'd've liked more obvious bacon and eggs for breakfast (didn't try and hunt them out so don't know if they weren't there.) Futurelife suits me fine prior to a ride, so I'm not about to get bent out of shape.

I thought it was pretty good - I like that it is a bit harder - there was a stage where it was getting a bit too doable.

My only niggle is that the water in the showers at Jolivet could be warmer.

The shed at Jolivet is a truly awesome structure, closely followed by the 'church' at Jolivet. I think Glen may have even sketched that one on the back of a cigarette box (30's) before he started on it, it's really pretty.

Where can we see/order the photos? I think they got one of me getting some air on the fatty...

I am so flipping angry that i have absolutely nothing, fokol, nada to bitch about...

I am so flipping angry that i have absolutely nothing, fokol, nada to bitch about...

Me too!! I'm bitching about lack of bitching reasons...

Nothing to moan about.. except we didnt have any good coffee on the adventure, only at start of day one.

coffee not ricoffy or nescafe

Anyone know how bad the oke fell on the last day of the adventure?

the oke that went down in the first 2 km ?

Archived