Nutribullet

My sister swears by this thing. Her kids love it too and actually ask for the drinks now.

I like the concept of keeping the Fibre and bits from the fruits without just extracting the sugars into a juice.

Looking to get one sometime soon!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn they are cheap in the US, even at Target. I nearly put one in my suitcase, but the thought of using a transformer put me off.

We have had one for a while now, makes lekker smoothies.

Had to dismantle the base the other day, to clean the little plastic switches because of previous spills. Been working great ever since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So as not to start another topic, I am resurrecting this one.

We have a Kenwood New York Smoothie Maker and were looking at a Nutribullet. Now from what I can see, the Nutribullet does it's business in the glass that you will drink out of whereas the smoothie maker will blend and then you need to decant into a glass. 

Both have 4 blades that spin and chop/blend/pulp. I haven't compared speeds etc but power wise it's 500W (Kenwood)vs 600W (Nutribullet)

To my untrained eye, both should do the same thing. Any reason I should drop the cash and buy the Bullet?

Why pay a R2000 premium to do the EXACT SAME thing a blender does but upside down?

NutriBullet is not a juicer it's a blender. The quoted paper is about juicing.

Don't waste your money if you have a decent blender. It does the same job. 

I thought the same and put off my kids requests for months "as we already have a blender and a hand held thingy"

Boy was I wrong.

The 900w Nutribullet is the dog's bollocks of food processing. The Kenwood blender DOES NOT do the same job. Not even close.

For the 1st time ever my protein shake and post hard session recovery shake do not have bits of powder floating in it, the kids smoothies are smooth and bit free and it takes about 20 seconds for them to make their smoothies in the morning.  The output is always smooth and frothy. Pleasant to drink, straight out of the big cups you blend in, with fancy handles and tops that seal. And fit in the dishwasher easily.

It is definitely the most expensive fad gadget I have ever bought. It is also the best piece of kitchen equipment I have ever bought. I highly recommend getting one if you ever make your own shakes or smoothies.

PS: Kale still tastes revolting. Nutribullet does not change that.

PPS: I got smart and bought a 900w Nutribullet on Black Friday in the US. Anyone run 110v and want a cheap, brand new, unused useless for SA 900w Nutribullet.

After some research and testing I opted for the Bennet Read Extractor from Tevo (Makro).

http://www.tevo.co.za/product.aspx?pid=194

It really does the exact same job for R700 less. The blades do come with a warranty if they become blunt within a year or something. It doesn't come in any special colours if you are keen to match it with your Smeg appliances.

The biggest hint I can give you when making smoothies: Rinse the blade head immediately after use, before the goo dries underneath the blades. Even dishwashers struggle to clean those areas properly.

For the amount I have spent on those and various other blenders I could have had 3 Nutribullets. Get the thing.

Have been going strong for 2 years now. Touch wood. 

Have been going strong for 2 years now. Touch wood.

Then you are luckey! I have had 3 Kenwood hand blenders, one of which I can't remember the name and two of those kenwood blenders with the jug.

Strange question, but does anyone know if it will work to blend baby food, or does it blend too fine?

OK - good to know this will work on an iphone...

I'm pretty sure Kauai use those? (The blender not the phones ;) )

Just to be clear, I am only comparing the Kenwood New York Smoothie to the Nutribullet.

Blades are a bit different. The Kenwood blades have a sharp edge while the Bullet blades are dull apparently.