Specialized reveal new Camber

News bot

Trail riding encompasses all of the sweet spots of mountain biking— getting outdoors, climbing with friends, and descending amazing trails that put an ear-to-ear smile on your face. We've lived the trail riding life since we released our first trail bike in 1981, and the feeling has never been lost. We're excited to announce the all-new Camber.

Click here to view the article

USD forks with no bash protection?

Those could cost a bit to service...

Looks like I need to start saving.

SWAT Door? for stashing smokes or what?

This year's gimmick. The promotional videos are a hoot "Since I can now store my tube and bomb inside the frame, SWAT has transformed by life, who I am, the way I am"

Useful for smuggling dagga into Afrika Burns.

Edited by Baracuda

Gorgeous bike! Can't wait to ogle the rest of the range. 

Spez definitely firing on all cylinders with their 2016 range of bikes.

Gorgeous bike! Can't wait to ogle the rest of the range. 

Spez definitely firing on all cylinders with their 2016 range of bikes.

I haven't been able to stop drooling since this news surfaced...

post-6012-0-97854100-1436334624_thumb.jpg

But.....I think I'll be hanging on to my 2014 model for a quite a while now, I have a feeling 2016 prices are going to unfriendly  :mellow:

The fun stuff doesn't end with the bikes, looks like there'll be loads of new gear too.

Like the new 2FO shoes... and these  :drool:

post-6012-0-29401000-1436335493_thumb.jpg

I'm aching for this Camber, but I already have my heart set on the 2016 Specialized Fuse. 

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/2016-early-launch-bikes/fuse-2016-early-launch/fuse-expert-6fattie

Review: http://enduro-mtb.com/en/first-ride-the-all-new-specialized-fuse-expert-the-hardtail-comeback/

Will undoubtedly test ride the Camber before making the leap. 

I might just have to "test ride" the Fuse, Camber and Stumpy for MONTHS before being able to make up my mind :whistling: 

(but I think I'm with you there on the Fuse) 

Very good review of the new Camber by bikemag.com: http://www.bikemag.com/gear/bikes/trail-bikes-gear/first-look-2016-specialized-camber/

Nice to see that the Comp Carbon version (basically the lowest spec carbon version) has a SRAM GX 1X11 drivetrain and dropper. At $3,800, it's not cheap though.

at $ 3,800 it's very well priced for a carbon framed bike. Remember that the Trance Advanced sits at approx R 38,000 so if Spaz SA retain the $ pricing model, we'll be seeing the Camber at R 47,500 or so ($ dependent) - next best carbon bike doesn't even come close. 

at $ 3,800 it's very well priced for a carbon framed bike. Remember that the Trance Advanced sits at approx R 38,000 so if Spaz SA retain the $ pricing model, we'll be seeing the Camber at R 47,500 or so ($ dependent) - next best carbon bike doesn't even come close. 

Very true. It's not often that you get a bike in that price range that ticks all the boxes of what modern trail bikes should have standard: 1X drivetrain, dropper, wide rims, trail-specific fork and so on. 

If I were to buy that bike, there is nothing that I can think of changing.