Dream Tour de France for Team MTN-Qhubeka

News bot

What an incredible end to a perfect debut Tour de France for Team MTN-Qhubeka p/b Samsung. Edvald Boasson Hagen sprinted to a fine 4th place on the Champs Elysees for our African team on today's 21st and final stage. Andre Greipel (Lotto-Soudal) won the final stage while Chris Froome (Team Sky) won the Grande Boucle overall.

Click here to view the article

We are very proud of the MTN Qhubeka Team for their first exploit into the Tour de France.

Now for the permanent spot on the World Tour Team list and Dougie Ryder can compliment

himself for an excellent first season.

Fantastic! Absolutely brilliant work by MTN Qhubeka :) Super proud of you guys. Flying the flag so high.

Also, besides the riders, a huge well done to Doug. Incredible vision and execution.

Even the online comments in the UK Papers (guardian) have made mention of what an awesome impact MTQ-Qh had on the TdeF.

Well done, boys - you made us all VERY PROUD.

Great impact and very well done... hopefully this will give a permanent licence to race on the world tour circuit

super proud of these guys, would be a travesty not to be invited back!

been listening to the SBS cycling podcast(it's aussie, but they have the expat mike o'reilly with his saffa views on). they think MTNQ have been the best wildcard for a while (and joke about cofidis doing training blocks at the back of the tour grupetto)

what's this talk about signing Cav?

surely they're joking/just getting people talking - the only way i see that work is if mr etixx/klein constantia comes along with him.

what's this talk about signing Cav?

Cav's contract with Etixx expires at the end of the year. Apparently Douglas is keen on getting him but as Shebeen rightly points out it will cost a pretty penny to do so. A lot depending on whether or not Didata will step up ito sponsorship. Even then I'm not to sure we could afford him.

Incredible what they achieved between world tour teams with much larger budgets....Africa is proud!

The can do attitude we have working in our favour! Really pleased for our Zebras!

A hearty congratulations to Douglas, the riders and the backroom staff! Friggen brilliant job well done.

Well done guys, to all the riders and support staff you made us very proud, especially in the midst of our countries sporting drought at the moment.