JUMA Guide

Courtney99

Toilet paper companies and pharmacies smiled at the profits from JUMA related jipo-guts last year....they made a good deal of cash out of me that following week

Luckily I was not struck down with anything, but, will definitely never ride that route with bottles again.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Juma entry for a willing player.

Bad seeding, i am unfit and behind all the dirt roadies so its going to be about as much fun as a turd in a tankard.

Just a correction to what you said - there is some nasty stuff that can will splash on your bottles.

Take some pro biotics before and for a few days after - you will be fine.... cholera is generally treatable....

Personally I will be running 2 bottles and no camelback - planning to be home and showered by 10am.

I have a Juma entry for a willing player.

Bad seeding, i am unfit and behind all the dirt roadies so its going to be about as much fun as a turd (floating down the spruit).

There. Fixed

Not my idea of fun

Edited by cjlieben

The JUMA is not a technically difficult race.

If you ride within your limits and use your common sense, you will be fine.

The majority of last years injurys were due to people not taking enough care through the slippery storm water drains. Easily avoidable.

I'm gutted to be missing this on Sunday.

Have a good ride, those of you that are doing it.

Based on last year's race I'd suggest taking your iPad or laptop. I wouldn't have minded the hour long queues so much if I'd been able to get some work done.

**Radman has been banned by Farmer Glen for negativity**

Edited by Radman

Bring money for beer and a sense of humour. Its great fun  :clap:

No thats the attitude to have!

Will catch you in the beer tent afterwards :thumbup:

My seeding is at 10:50 so might catch you guys in the beer tent beforehand too :ph34r:

See you at 7.... should be a fun pedal.

I'll try stay just a lil in front of you in case I throw a tantrum about the lack of water tables, the abundance of bottlenecks, slimy surfaces, dark tunnels and lack of fully, totally gnarly wicked skillz from the dirt roadies, causing me fall down a slippery ramp into some feces, and break my hip, having to wait till Thursday before a medic gets to me...

Then you can help me... Or point and laugh...