Louis Harmse/Spectrum Sport Sore losers!!!

.Heinz

To clarify

PRIZE MONEY:

70km

1,2,&3

36km

1,2 & 3 

Cat prizes (Hampers)

G Master M&F  1st place

Master M&F      1st place

Vet M&F           1st place

Sub Vet M&F     1st place

Senior M&F       1st place

Junior M&F        1st place

Why is there no Youth M hamper prize category for the 36km, YM is listed on the 36 km results so surely Spectrum recognize the category? 

post-182-0-72859700-1439887248_thumb.png

Entry form for the event says MTB SA categories apply, Youth M (YM) is a MTB SA category as far as i know?

post-182-0-77257600-1439887205_thumb.png

And why was Louis Harmse (the 26 yr old version) even competing in the 36km event, surely he if he is anything like the other Louis Harmse's should be riding in the longer events?

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heinz... You give these okes gears buddy...!

Don't ever let anybody tell you that you should rather roll over and take it. I don't know what kind of *** advice that is to give a youngster.

Speak your mind. I think you've shown a lot more maturity in how you've gone about this so far, than any 16 year old I've ever known.

Respect...!

This laaitie has ATTITUDE - but the right ATTITUDE! I like him

even when he drops me on the trails!

snip..

And why was Louis Harmse (the 26 yr old version) even competing in the 36km event, surely he if he is anything like the other Louis Harmse's should be riding in the longer events?

^^ This ^^ ??

sorry correction 36km prize money 1 and 2 sorry

Now wasn't that an ironic mistake to make....  :devil:

No wonder everybody is confused as hell!

I've already contacted them directly and Louis Harms Snr hang the phone up in my ear, so nou that I've bring to to your attention I think all take it another step further and talk to csa!!

Thanks for the advice Slowbee

:clap:  take no prisioners !  :excl:

sorry correction 36km prize money 1 and 2 sorry

Can you post a copy of the original entry form section that lists the prize categories for the 36km event?

swiss, 

as stated, the Youth cat was overlooked by mistake, all cats received a prize except Youth. Admission of guilt has been paid  :whistling:

That doesnt make sense... why award prizes for top 3 in the 70km and change it for the 36km.... in all the years of racing I must say I have never heard of the top2 getting something and not the 3rd position.

We'd better put the word out to Moto GP and F1, and pretty much every sporting discipline on the planet, that bronze is the new brown, and needn't even be recognised.

Slowbee please chill with the life lessons

heck no, not on this issue. I am with everyone else, just cause you a youngster does not mean you should just sit and take it. fight back - but make sure you do it correctly. 

wait is that another lesson.. :blink:  :whistling:

heck no, not on this issue. I am with everyone else, just cause you a youngster does not mean you should just sit and take it. fight back - but make sure you do it correctly. 

wait is that another lesson.. :blink:  :whistling:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d6f53fe6eab15834486a1066e4d81bb5b275f26dfe0fd25fda1ebc893dad698.jpg

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/3d/3d6f53fe6eab15834486a1066e4d81bb5b275f26dfe0fd25fda1ebc893dad698.jpg

LAAAAAAWD...!!! Testify...!!!!

Combine this post with the one about S2C / FG doing the rounds and somebody gets banned from the event. Sounds like lots of egos on the boil, it was always the other guy who was rude and offensive and I just wanted what was fair - I was the angel  :cursing:  :devil: . ja right.

This will be a classic your story, my story, the truth and seven other versions. 

swiss, 

as stated, the Youth cat was overlooked by mistake, all cats received a prize except Youth. Admission of guilt has been paid  :whistling:

So Spectrum sports despite all their experience in organizing events made the mistake.

Surely an apology to Heinz is due, instead of the lecture below?

Mistakes happen sure, but you have to admit it does look suspicious with all the Louis Harmse's involved :D

.Heinz, lets put your post into perspective.

Louis Harmse snr, the event organiser was and always is out on the route during prize giving so to ASSUME that the prize giving results where altered to penalize you is just as juvenile as posting something like this on a public forum before making sure of any of your claims. So let me take the opportunity to state the facts on your behalf:

1. Louis Harmse jnr accepted his time penalty from the race commissaire as he acknowledged the fact that he received a CO2 bomb from a spectator. 

2. The prize giving was delayed due to some "No data" results that had to be sorted out before the cat prizes could be finalised.

3. If you have a look at the results, you will notice that your category is listed as Junior and not as Youth. for reasons like this, provisional results are put up before prize giving to give you an opportunity to rectify any issues before prize giving. this was announced on numerous occasions once provisional results were put up.

4. Category prizes were the same for all categories so to feel victimized is unfounded. as advertised, Prize money only to overall winners 1,2&3 (both distances) and Junior Cat in the 35km race, Hampers to cat winners

5. If you did not receive a prize for 3rd position please contact Spectrum sport as this may have been an over site but as far as i know there was a prize for 3rd position on the 35km

6. Due to your category being Junior on the results you would not have received a category prize as the winner of the 35km got that prize. There was no hamper prize for the youth category due to an over site. this was taken up at the race debrief and will be addressed in future.

7. SS timing is a service provider to Spectrum sport (even though they are family) SS Timing does not have any input into who gets prizes, the event organizer tells them what the prize giving cats are and SS timing provide the results accordingly (Prize giving cats are determined before the start of the race). these results are signed off by the Race commissaire to ensure that the results are correct.

I hope that the above puts your claims into perspective? may i suggest that if you still feel aggrieved after this, please PM me and i will give you Louis Snr telephone number and you can discuss the matter with him, as anybody will attest that knows Louis, he is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and i am sure he will assist where possible to accommodate you.

now just some advise from me, you are still a young rider and obviously have some talent to be able to finish at the sharp end of a race but believe me you are not going to win many friends in the sport by handling the matter the way you have. Louis jnr accepted his sanction due to the assistance but maybe it should be mentioned that he gave his bombs to another rider during the race, if he hadn't done that he would have been able to use his own bombs to inflate his tyre! but that my friend is how mountain bikers do it!

regards

PJ

Archived