ScottCM

I don't have little ones but I do have lots of people at work who may be carrying a bug at some point throughout the course of the year. My approach is to have toasted cheese sandwiches, with lots of chilli, almost daily. The worst I have had for this year is a little sniffle but it's gone after a day or two.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to cut my long run short with an Uber today. Wife and kid both sick, thought I'll be ok but 10km in I realised that running was a bad idea as I also now had it :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jaws677

Congrats Stu. Top Form again. You and Ferret had a lkr run this morning. You guys looking top form. :thumbup:

Happy I could just claim the no10 spot. :whistling:

Edited by Lexx

I was also sick last week, only did a 5km... How frustrating.

I got up on Saturday morning to go for a run, couldn't swallow because of a sore throat. I switched off the light and went back to bed. I felt very guilty, got up and watched the Commonwealth Road Cycling race. I was absolutely stoked for Clint Hendricks.

Yesterday I slept until 10... I repeat until 10! I think all the meds I took the night before knocked me out. I laid in front of the TV and watched Ironman literally the whole day. Buckingham was on fire. All the athletes just motivated me to train harder, that made me feel even more guilty not training last week. 

Now to stay healthy this week for Loskop on Saturday. 

Apologies in advance if this should not be posted here.

My mate is looking for an entry for the Birchwood 21k which is this coming Sunday, 22nd April.

He's a club member and hence a registered athlete, so would want to do the sub legitimately.

Can you help?

Thanx,

Russ.

Note to self - never stop running for too long. Wow. I didn't expect it to be easy, but I am really struggling to get a decent run in. I had ear pain last week, but not much more so either I have a virus or am already feeling signs of over training after approx eight runs. Is that possible?

It is nice though to read how you guys get along - it helps with the motivation to start the engine up again.

First comrades dream last night.... Entered 2 days before and bought some super light running shoes to run in...fomo setting in i guess

There is still a couple of Substitution entries left. :thumbup:

There is still a couple of Substitution entries left. :thumbup:

My wife's nightmare is that I decide to swoop in on one of those substitution entries like the AFU and SARS on the Gupta Saxonwold shabeen.

My wife's nightmare is that I decide to swoop in on one of those substitution entries like the AFU and SARS on the Gupta Saxonwold shabeen.

Just do it. She will only be mad for a couple of days.. :w00t:

There is still a couple of Substitution entries left. [emoji106]

You wanna scoop some tax money off the side and buy me a plane ticket [emoji23] Edited by Stretch

Pulled the trigger on some new shoes... been wanting to move to the NB 1080's for a while, saw them on a sale and in my size, so figured it was a little bit of destiny. Know a couple guys who moved from Nimbus to these without any problems, so hoping for more of that.

https://www.totalsports.co.za/pdp/men-s-new-balance-1080-fresh-foam-shoe/_/A-139241AAAN1

Look forward to lacing them up - just need to get rid of this bloody flu  :blush: