ScottCM

06:00 to 18:00 I suppose?

Time to buy a treadmill

Yeah and then after 2 days a quick shift change to 18:00-06:00 for the next 2 days

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and then after 2 days a quick shift change to 18:00-06:00 for the next 2 days

It's a great shift system if you don't have children and a wife, I started my working life on that system. Spent 5 years working like that. 

3 days rest behind me.. Gonna go for a short run tomorrow and see how I feel.. Then hopefully a long run on Sunday. No speed work next week... Will just focus on tempo runs instead

That really sucks Lexx... I don't know how you cope with those working hours. I am sure you will make it work somehow. Your poor family.

I had a terrible non-existent training week. Nausea is back in full swing and it is worse than ever.

My training motivation is the lowest it has ever been. I will try a short run tomorrow and see how I feel. I will be dusting off my bike for a Sunday short ride.

Have a good weekend everyone.

That really sucks Lexx... I don't know how you cope with those working hours. I am sure you will make it work somehow. Your poor family.

I had a terrible non-existent training week. Nausea is back in full swing and it is worse than ever.

My training motivation is the lowest it has ever been. I will try a short run tomorrow and see how I feel. I will be dusting off my bike for a Sunday short ride.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Sounding bleak there.. How about you try something different for the weekend? Go for a hike. Swim? Garden, plant a tree ;) 

I'm still on my no-running-over-weekends streak (maybe). I took a tumble on my run on Thursday and injured my left hip and also scraped off a fair amount of skin on my left knee. Because of the hip pain I haven't been sleeping all too lekker the past two nights, so I'm not really up for a run at the moment.

Training hard all disciplines, only 6 weeks to IMWC70.3... no time for slump in motivation or make excuses not to train!

Any exercise is better than no exercise, so if you are having a slump in running, cross train and do something different !

That sucks. I worked at the power station just across the border in Mozambique a few years ago

We stayed in Komatie and crossed the border every morning and evening

It filled up my passport quickly.

That sucks. I worked at the power station just across the border in Mozambique a few years ago

We stayed in Komatie and crossed the border every morning and evening

It filled up my passport quickly.

Probably Gigawatt Powerstation....

Good luck Lex, it will take time but you will adapt. I travel to Kenya every few weeks, and loose a whole weeks training every time. Its actually beneficial to my running. I get more rest and concentrate on more quality runs.

Probably Gigawatt Powerstation....

Correct. 12 x 9 MW Gas engines

I had a great time , actually gained weight due to eating out every night

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Still out with my hammie [emoji17]. Tried a little 5km run and or tightened everything up. Gonna have to go for another expensive physio session on Monday

Still out with my hammie [emoji17]. Tried a little 5km run and or tightened everything up. Gonna have to go for another expensive physio session on Monday

Good luck.

You should keep on stretching :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk