ScottCM

Inov8 sizing is odd tho...so if someone is keen, I would suggest actually trying them on and not buying online. :mellow:

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mudsimus, I love my Peregrines. Still wringing last k's out of my 5's and just got the 8's. (Thanks yellow ticket and shoe booster respectively!) But then, Saucony is one of the brands that seems to make my feet smile.

I started off in the Sense Pro's, went well for a while, but they were too narrow and I used them on short runs only in the end. 

Have you considered Inov8? Small market in SA for them, but in my opinion great shoes. Im currently running with Inov8 Rocklite 305, absolutely bomb proof, super responsive, lightweight and great ankle support. I does however not have the same cushioning as the Hoka speedgoats and has a lower stack height. Inov8 does however offer a couple of more cushioned shoes for hardpack terrain . I had a pair of Hokas speedgoats and returned them after a week , my opinion is they are unresponsive and bulky in technical terrain. It all depends what you like running I guess?? I prefer more technical terrain and dont need the cushioning some people do (only weight about 55kg). Just my opinion, give them a go if you feel like it. I am actually very curious on how Inov8 will compare to salamon, as I have not owned the latter yet.

Ya no, I have both Hoka and Innov8, I will never wear my innov8's for more than 20k as they have to little cushion. Speedgoats in tech terrain are 100% fine and you will get more confident the more you wear them and the stronger your ankles get. Consider that the extra foam allows them to wrap around rocks and sharp stuff giving more grip like deflating the tyres in a 4x4.

Biggest week ever (i.t.o. distance) for me, last week, courtesy of some leave and flying to my destination rather than driving (which means no bike).

Legs are a little eina, as is my left ankle. A few active recovery rides then an FTP test later in the week before commencing with my Spring racing season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggest week ever (i.t.o. distance) for me, last week, courtesy of some leave and flying to my destination rather than driving (which means no bike).

Legs are a little eina, as is my left ankle. A few active recovery rides then an FTP test later in the week before commencing with my Spring racing season.

Congrats on a very solid week. Welcome to the dark side,   :devil:

post-46817-0-94210800-1531738339_thumb.jpg

With mileage like this you can no longer say you "dabble" with running, you are a RUNNER!!! :thumbup:

Struggled to get going again. Lots of work stress = Not in the mood to run. And weekend long run fell through as I had to pick up my new bike. But hopefully this week will go better.

Struggled to get going again. Lots of work stress = Not in the mood to run. And weekend long run fell through as I had to pick up my new bike. But hopefully this week will go better.

Also fell short of my goal last week. Was on track and planned to do a long run on Sunday. After 7km I just wasnt feeling it and it was bloody freezing, so I went home. Not enough motivation this time of year to push through crappy runs.

Wtf, we are seeing averages of 90km per week already? 

because some of the real runs are still to come in the year? :ph34r:

KK100, Skyrun, Skyrun ZIM, Reunion 100 Miler, Wolkberg, Lesotho Ultra, Uitsoek

I promise***, tomorrow I start up again... s'true story  :blush:

***possible excuses to be confirmed

***Dog ate my running shoes

I did at least clean up my bikes and get them ready to rumble... there's some hint of light at the end of that motivation tunnel I think  :lol:

Congrats on a very solid week. Welcome to the dark side, :devil:

attachicon.gif1.jpg

With mileage like this you can no longer say you "dabble" with running, you are a RUNNER!!! :thumbup:

I made it onto the leaderboard...

giphy.gif

Edited by Frosty

Wtf, we are seeing averages of 90km per week already? 

Depends what your goal is, Just because comrades has passed, does not mean people are stopping running.  Quite a few are looking to get their qualifying times early with a few marathons coming up in September.

It is not that cold out there.......

Depends what your goal is, Just because comrades has passed, does not mean people are stopping running.  Quite a few are looking to get their qualifying times early with a few marathons coming up in September.

It is not that cold out there.......

personally I try average 30km/3runs a week all year, never go up to much more than 60km/week. Without having the weeks of zero running after big events you are always building from a bigger and bigger base rather than starting back from the beginning because after a big race you sat on the couch for 2 months avoiding winter. 

As for the cold, if you look for an excuse you will find one...

personally I try average 30km/3runs a week all year, never go up to much more than 60km/week. Without having the weeks of zero running after big events you are always building from a bigger and bigger base rather than starting back from the beginning because after a big race you sat on the couch for 2 months avoiding winter. 

As for the cold, if you look for an excuse you will find one...

Exactly what I'm currently doing. About 30 to 35kms a week, with none of the runs more than 10km at the moment. I will step this up to about 40km beginning of August, mainly by increasing one of the runs to about 15km. All my short runs (~6km) I do at an increased tempo of about 20-30sec/km faster than my 10km average..