ScottCM

But this is the most important part 

https://twitter.com/runcamille/status/1034539630471905280

I also believe in the double sessions on a day.  But I only clock 4-6km in the morning and 6-10lm in the afternoon.  Morning is normally about a minute/km slower than the afternoon pace.

After five days of this I rest and then occasionally do a 15-20km club run LSD on Sundays.

This also allows additional rest day or half day a week so that I can attend business meetings and not commute run to work.

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's your 5km and 10km time... Those should be the best guage for a race time prediction

5km - 21:11

10km - 44:39

5km - 21:11

10km - 44:39

For me they are pretty spot on. Meaning I have never been able to do better than the predictor

I wish I could run the times that my Fenix 5 says

For me they are pretty spot on. Meaning I have never been able to do better than the predictor

Yup.. Thats about right 3.35...a sub 3:30 is possible.

Thanks

I'm gonna challenge myself and go for it.

F5 ONLY uses your VO2Max values, nothing else. Not age, not experience, not all the other training data they have gathered. JUST VO2Max. I have the same predicted time than a 20-year-old who happens to have the same VO2Max as mine. 

About as accurate as saying I'm a musician based on the fact that I run with an ipod... (And this is not intended to get that debate started again!)

Seems Old Mutual is pulling most of it's sporting sponsorships... Comrades, joBerg2c, Om die Dam, Wild Series and Two Oceans (after next years edition)

Still huge value in most of these events - will be interesting to see who steps up - hopefully they all find good sponsors, wouldn't want to lose any of these events

Seems Old Mutual is pulling most of it's sporting sponsorships... Comrades, joBerg2c, Om die Dam, Wild Series and Two Oceans (after next years edition)

Still huge value in most of these events - will be interesting to see who steps up - hopefully they all find good sponsors, wouldn't want to lose any of these events

Old mutual... Not so world of endurance

Interesting one on training, in Walmsleys pre UTMB interview they were talking about his training block, 3 weeks back to back, 225km/week, 15000m elevation gain and he did it an hour faster every week.

I love the way they did it though, camped up in the mountains where they set up a base, no cellphone signal just a group of guys out there to run only going into town for resupply.

I've been telling you okes... rest is everything. I do though take it a little too far, most of the time.

Yeah that’s my story as well and I’m sticking to it

????

Wow they have been involved for a long time

Suppose all (good) things come to an end

Don’t they also sponsor a TV sports program?

Shaper, good luck for World Champs... hope the calf is behaving itself!

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm gonna be slogging my way around the Adrienne Hirsch 21km tomorrow, going to run with the missus and take it easy - should be good training.

Loving these warmer days, can smell Summer already

What's everyone up to this weekend? I'm gonna be slogging my way around the Adrienne Hirsch 21km tomorrow, going to run with the missus and take it easy - should be good training.

17 mile slow run.

Can feel autumn coming it's getting cooler in the mornings

Plans for the weekend:

+/- 145Km LSD ride tomorrow, and if I’m lucky, a 10-12km run on Sunday afternoon. My girls are taking part in a dancing competition the whole weekend, so showing face is the right thing to do.

If you can smell, that is.....

I've been sick since Sunday. Nose blocked up properly. No running for me this week so far.