ScottCM

With 16 000 entries available it should be pretty decent odds in the lottery...

When do the entries open for the 21km? I convinced my brother to do his first 21km ever next year...

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the other weirdly pleasant surprise was my buddy letting me know on Sunday already that our 3000 vitality points have already been awarded. And that whilst the Oceans website is today still reflecting the results as provisional.

Hacc, they'll announce the dates only later. But not to get excited - it's a lottery in the 21, like the CTCT. Seem to remember having read that last year there were something like 26000 applicants for the 16000 spots. 

Oh, the other weirdly pleasant surprise was my buddy letting me know on Sunday already that our 3000 vitality points have already been awarded. And that whilst the Oceans website is today still reflecting the results as provisional.

Hacc, they'll announce the dates only later. But not to get excited - it's a lottery in the 21, like the CTCT. Seem to remember having read that last year there were something like 26000 applicants for the 16000 spots. 

Good grief, maybe he should rather enter the ultra  :eek:

Seems you and kortgat Dirk have the same taste in shoes, Stretch! 

Why do Dirk's shoes make the road seem so small though....?

(Any idea what size those skis are?)

OMW he is tall! I think for every 3 steps I will take, he takes one! How tall is he?

OMW he is tall! I think for every 3 steps I will take, he takes one! How tall is he?

Ja, these tall okes should be made to run further...

That guy must be nearly 7 foot  :eek:

We decided to only start my wife's forerunner at 26 kms, since the battery only lasts up to 5 hours max, so that in case we should split, she has pace and time till the end.

Now normally I do quite a lot less steps than she does over the same distance obviously, but this I would not have believed....    She did more steps and Calories in that 30 kms than I did in the whole 56  :eek:

ja - he reckons he is 5 10..but looking at that I'm not so sure. those boats on his feet must be at least 13 or 14.

We actually had such a lekker group running with us for the first 21...we were all laughing and chatting - those first 21 just flew by.

also enjoyed the okes on the side of the road playing their instruments and singing - this race has a lekker vibe.

funny thing was watching people trying to read my name and then realising what it says only when I have gone past..."go ssss...tttt..rrrr...etch.......GO STRETCH!"

even funnier in a regter egter cape coloured accent

She did more steps and Calories in that 30 kms than I did in the whole 56  :eek:

higher cadence = better running style ..i'm totally guilty of a big stride!

higher cadence = better running style ..i'm totally guilty of a big stride!

Obviously there is a lot of factors concerned, but for interest sake, I am 1.89m and my cadence on the omtom was 152spm Ave, 243 spm max, 0.91m Ave stride length.

Anybody that is comparable or that want to comment on how much I am overstriding?

Obviously there is a lot of factors concerned, but for interest sake, I am 1.89m and my cadence on the omtom was 152spm Ave, 243 spm max, 0.91m Ave stride length.

Anybody that is comparable or that want to comment on how much I am overstriding?

1,83m

AVG: 155 spm

Max: 248 spm

Stride length: 1.26

So you better than me!.. But i am all legs

That's interesting.  I was always under the impression my stride length is too short (very stiff hip flexors from all the cycling!)

1.69m

avg: 168 spm

max: 250 spm

stride length: 0.9m