ScottCM

Anyone see / hear Paula Radcliffe eat humble pie commentating on the ladies race at London marafun?

What a wench, came across very unprofessiona hoping that Mary Keitany would not be able to maintain her record breaking pace.

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being my first Comrades I don't particularly want to set any specific time goal but rather enjoy the day (if the pain is enjoyable which I highly doubt )...

In light of that I'm thinking I need a basic "plan" in place in terms of time through halfway etc.

I have run sub 3h40 marathons with my last one being treated as an easier training effort and therefore felt very good throughout. With this in mind if I were to plan on going through halfway at Comrades in around 4h10 would I still be on track for a Bill Rowan (obviously if nothing drastic happens in the second half)??

I'm nervous of going out too hard in the first half.

Anyone see / hear Paula Radcliffe eat humble pie commentating on the ladies race at London marafun?

What a wench, came across very unprofessiona hoping that Mary Keitany would not be able to maintain her record breaking pace.

Unfortunately, I missed it coming back from Loskop. That sounds very unprofessional. I hope they won't ask her to commentate again. Can't wait to watch the highlights. How great is the winning time of 2:17:02 for Mary Keitany? She weighs 42kg, is 1.58m tall (exactly my length, so I can't use the excuse anymore that short people are slower....)  and her PB on a 21km is 1:05.  :eek:

Being my first Comrades I don't particularly want to set any specific time goal but rather enjoy the day (if the pain is enjoyable which I highly doubt )...

In light of that I'm thinking I need a basic "plan" in place in terms of time through halfway etc.

I have run sub 3h40 marathons with my last one being treated as an easier training effort and therefore felt very good throughout. With this in mind if I were to plan on going through halfway at Comrades in around 4h10 would I still be on track for a Bill Rowan (obviously if nothing drastic happens in the second half)??

I'm nervous of going out too hard in the first half.

B-rad maybe you should look at this: (Strava search results of the 2015 up run, please take note that the 2015 run was 800m longer...)

https://www.strava.com/running-races/2015-comrades

I plan to go through half at 4.10 to try get a sub 8:30..I would say half at 4:20 for a comfortable.... Few minutes to spare.... Br

Many thanks

Unfortunately, I missed it coming back from Loskop. That sounds very unprofessional. I hope they won't ask her to commentate again. Can't wait to watch the highlights. How great is the winning time of 2:17:02 for Mary Keitany? She weighs 42kg, is 1.58m tall (exactly my length, so I can't use the excuse anymore that short people are slower....)  and her PB on a 21km is 1:05.  :eek:

B-rad maybe you should look at this: (Strava search results of the 2015 up run, please take note that the 2015 run was 800m longer...)

It was an amazing run, hopefully she does not test positive......

Bodes well for the mens attempt on 2hrs

http://www.sub2hrs.com/

All though I'm not sure i support the methods of the attempt...

BTW my own scientific study concludes that its calf to bicep ratio that determines running speed.... s'true

It was an amazing run, hopefully she does not test positive......

Bodes well for the mens attempt on 2hrs

http://www.sub2hrs.com/

All though I'm not sure i support the methods of the attempt...

BTW my own scientific study concludes that its calf to bicep ratio that determines running speed.... s'true

I read about the sub2 hours project in the Runners World. To me, it feels fake and too scientific.

Do you have some reading material for me about your study about calf to bicep ratio?

I read about the sub2 hours project in the Runners World. To me, it feels fake and too scientific.

Do you have some reading material for me about your study about calf to bicep ratio?

should be about the same as I hear. :devil:

Awesome link, thank you! This woman ran such a perfect race: https://www.strava.com/activities/315733570  Really consistent throughout and a strong finish. I think I'm going to base my strategy on her run.

I dont like the up runs. I am a much faster downhill runner. I did run my first Bill Rowan on the up run. But being away from the comrades scene such a long time, I will be happy to just finish below 9h. I actually enjoy my running again.

I dont like the up runs. I am a much faster downhill runner. I did run my first Bill Rowan on the up run. But being away from the comrades scene such a long time, I will be happy to just finish below 9h. I actually enjoy my running again.

I ran my best Comrades time on the Up run. Then again I was better prepared and it was only my second Comrades. This year I am not half as well prepared, I will be happy with a finish this year. 

Good to hear you are enjoying your running. I guess we all go thru an emotional roller coaster with running. You must enjoy the "highs" and be thankful for it. 

I must say I am looking forward to the 4th of June and all the emotions that go with it. 

I am even more excited about winter training - getting on my bike and swimming, taking a small break from running...

We must organise a hub comrades short coffee run before the big day. Then we can all put faces to the names..

You are discriminating against those of us that don't drink coffee?!

No it's mostly in my head..... based on a life time of observing winning endurance runners with calves smaller than my biceps.... which are pretty small.

but there have been some studies in that direction, read one not to long ago but for the life of me cannot find it