ScottCM

Jeez Stretch, You like living on the edge. :ph34r:  I stay away from running in the dark or after 5pm. To afraid I will get sick or injured. :eek:

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

had a little trip and fall in the dark this morning...luckily nothing hurt...but my heart skipped about seventy beats

Last night I also went over my ankle, running too close to the edge of the road... I didn't dare stop to evaluate the damage, just ran it off. Seems fine this morning.

Last night I also went over my ankle, running too close to the edge of the road... I didn't dare stop to evaluate the damage, just ran it off. Seems fine this morning.

The best thing you can do with an ankle twist is to keep running.

Unless your tows face backwards or you see bones sticking out.

had a little trip and fall in the dark this morning...luckily nothing hurt...but my heart skipped about seventy beats

Stretch you need to start running slower so that you can pay attention to where you run  ^_^

Do your run with a headlight?

Jeez Stretch, You like living on the edge. :ph34r:  I stay away from running in the dark or after 5pm. To afraid I will get sick or injured. :eek:

my last morning run....so no more chances!

Stretch you need to start running slower so that you can pay attention to where you run  ^_^

Do your run with a headlight?

no..but, except for a few spots, there is sufficient light from the street lights. This was at an intersection with plenty lights. I was paying attention to a car that was coming in to see if it was gonna decide to go through the red and not paying enough attention to the road!

of course there was a witness...and all he could offer was "haibo...sorry my friend" :D  

This is like bedtime horror stories for Comrades runners. Glad you're okay, dude.

Don't do this to us Stretch!

Can see the movie scene now...

Runner out running, loving the fresh air, not a care in the world, waving to bypasser's, enjoying the views, feeling as fit as f%%K. Suddenly a sinister ankle eating pothole appears, the runner doesn't see it... he just keeps running, the jaws music starts, he still doesn't see it, he keeps running, smiling, the music gets louder and louder. Everyone tries to warn him, he just waves, keeps running... the music stops, the pothole pounces - snack crackle pop - Comrades over, the pothole laughs his evil laugh  :eek:

Runner out running, loving the fresh air, not a care in the world, waving to bypasser's, enjoying the views, feeling as fit as f%%K. Suddenly a sinister ankle eating pothole appears, the runner doesn't see it... he just keeps running, the jaws music starts, he still doesn't see it, he keeps running, smiling, the music gets louder and louder. Everyone tries to warn him, he just waves, keeps running... the music stops, the pothole pounces - snack crackle pop - Comrades over, the pothole laughs his evil laugh  :eek:

The Meg Ryan riding scene from City of Angels would also fit perfectly...

"In a world ruled by potholes…"

I am a bit concerned of your intimate knowledge of scenes from 90's love story movies......

I lived with my big sister for nearly a decade in my teens... I sadly have an intimate knowledge of this movie among many. Not to mention the music I was bombarded with... Thompson twins, Streets of Fire, Footloose, Robbie Williams - I could sadly recite them all after a beer or two :blush:  :lol: 

I tried calling Child welfare many times, but to no avail 

I lived with my big sister for nearly a decade in my teens... I sadly have an intimate knowledge of this movie among many. Not to mention the music I was bombarded with... Thompson twins, Streets of Fire, Footloose, Robbie Williams - I could sadly recite them all after a beer or two :blush:  :lol: 

I tried calling Child welfare many times, but to no avail 

I share your pain. The things I learned from my sister's Cosmo magazines…  :eek:

I share your pain. The things I learned from my sister's Cosmo magazines…  :eek:

Cosmo was my fav Magazine in my teens, we spend many a hour together. Much better than FHM. :eek:  :whistling: