ScottCM

Ha ha ha ha I know. But that year I also ran a 7:44 Comrades. Also without strava. You see, since I've been using strava my times haven't gotten any better. Lol

If I manage a time like that next year, I'm retiring!

That's a great run, Lexx.

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear about your bad marathon experience. Did you perhaps spray water on your legs? Were your running shoes wet? 

This year I also had my first ever blister at Comrades - I have never had issues with blisters. It was a blood blister underneath my foot. When I took off my shoe at half way, it was just blood everywhere, I just had to suck it up and finish. To this day I still don't know why this happened. 

Don't feel upset about your experience - learn from it. You don't know what can happen on the day. 

I agree that we don't know what will happen on the day, so next time I will take other precautionary steps for whatever I feel is a possibility. Last year on the day someone died as a result of cardiac arrest, blisters are nothing in comparison, so I'm not upset...just a little disappointed.

I didn't spray any water and my shoes were dry.

I almost Forgot. Where are those Hot Pants Stretch :w00t:  :w00t:

The Last 4km of Saturdays Kaapsehoop race,I run with a girl with Adidas hot pants, and orange adidas shoes. that's all I remember. :ph34r:

Those km's flew by. :whistling:

Haha, just saw this now. Young, blonde girl with the pink Irene colours? We drove to the start together, that was her first go at a marathon and she clocked about a 3:26. She's got some good running heritage, though. Her dad has a Comrades PB of around 6:15.

Haha, just saw this now. Young, blonde girl with the pink Irene colours? We drove to the start together, that was her first go at a marathon and she clocked about a 3:26. She's got some good running heritage, though. Her dad has a Comrades PB of around 6:15.

That is amazing. She will def only get faster. Uhm... if she needs a running partner. You know where to find me lol.

Went for my first run since Kaapsehoop this morning, cut it short at 5km's..

My hamstrings are still hating me but worse my knee is still really sore, which is now worrying me :unsure:

Went for my first run since Kaapsehoop this morning, cut it short at 5km's..

My hamstrings are still hating me but worse my knee is still really sore, which is now worrying me :unsure:

I think our bodies all earned a decent break after that route. Personally I've taken three weeks off running to let the body recover and fix anything it needs to before I begin again at the end of November with, hopefully, a fresh set of legs for Comrades training. Edited by Barry Stuart

Hi guys . I need some advice from the Gauteng Comrades runners.

I missed out on the Soweto Marathon last week as it was sold out. I don't want to have this happen again.

For which races should I enter for next year for training and qualifying.

I was thinking On die dam , Johnson crane and Vaal.

I'm planning to follow then Comrades training program but I see it only goes up to December 2017.

I missed out on the Soweto Marathon last week as it was sold out. I don't want to have this happen again.

I'm planning to follow then Comrades training program but I see it only goes up to December 2017.

Johnson crane is a popular fast qualifier... But can also be hot due to the time of year.....

Those sounds like the most popular races - don't think you'll go wrong with them (weather dependent)

The Comrades program should be updated soon.

Seeing that it so quiet on here. Hows this, over the weekend Comrades winner Camille Herron ran a 100mile race in 12h42. At a modest pace of 4:45/km. In the process beating the first man by 30mins. I guess she qualified for Comrades?????

Seeing that it so quiet on here. Hows this, over the weekend Comrades winner Camille Herron ran a 100mile race in 12h42. At a modest pace of 4:45/km. In the process beating the first man by 30mins. I guess she qualified for Comrades?

So if Caroline Wostmann is fit, who's your money on?

So if Caroline Wostmann is fit, who's your money on?

Camille by a mile. She was a machine last year, looks even better now.