ScottCM

Good luck!

My first ever 10km was Tom Jenkins... another rookie mistake.

AWWW EEEEEE

Come off it, it is only one little tiny weeny hill........

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaseline would be on the list, and to take your own toilet paper to a portable loo....

Agree on the toilet paper- always have a small stash with me stored in a small plastic sandwich size packet.

And Micropore tape (soft medical dressing tape) for the nipples especially as it is now getting hotter and ones running shirt is likely to be wet...and chafing there isn't pleasant.

AWWW EEEEEE

Come off it, it is only one little tiny weeny hill........

Yes, only 13.6% gradient at its steepest part...

My very first Comrades I used KY Jelly ( I was still a noob, didn't know any better). Well, I did work for the first of couple of km's. :ph34r:

Now I know better. KY Jelly + High Inner Thigh Friction = Bad Shafing. :whistling:

Thanks for all the help and tips guys! Super chuffed with myself! All went well until the 30k mark. We had to do laps of a 8k circuit after the first 21, that was mind numbing but I think the boring hours on the treadmill helped with that. That was also when the cramps started. But all and all a good day with an intact naught and braaipack ???? Thanks Stretch! The back of my shorts looked like I stuffed an Olibol in there tho but it provided some entertainment for my wife and our friends... I think my elevation gain over the whole race was 2m, flippen crazy. Already looking forward to the next one!!

post-25481-0-77137400-1511004829_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Pieter1