ScottCM

That is when incredible achievement. Well done. You must have come in close to ben Parkes then who snuck in with 15 minute to spare. Ben is a popular running blogger.. So look out for his channel.. You may feature!

much appreciated - thanks for the heads up - I'll def have a look

• Replies 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Equipment question:

Ive decided to expand to a 3 shoe arsenal, after a few years of Nike Pegasus.

I just bought some racing flats for short, fast runs. (Not that common, I had to search a while to get my size)

For longer training I think the Pegasus is still good as they fit me perfectly, but I will consider a softer ride from other brands.

I need some marathon race day shoes, someting light and stil responsive. I was thinking about Pegasus Turbo 2, but these seem a bit rare and costly too. Zoom Fly 3 are cheaper, but not as responsive without the ZoomX foam.

Suggestions are welcome????

Are there any guys here that have the Fenix 5s?  I bought one for my husband for his birthday from a friend of his who was upgrading...the trouble is that the battery only lasts about 4 hours...surely this cant be!! There are 2 option here....the friend was not being a friend when he sold it to us as in great condition...or...the battery is seriously useless!!! Hence my question..which is it...??

Are there any guys here that have the Fenix 5s? I bought one for my husband for his birthday from a friend of his who was upgrading...the trouble is that the battery only lasts about 4 hours...surely this cant be!! There are 2 option here....the friend was not being a friend when he sold it to us as in great condition...or...the battery is seriously useless!!! Hence my question..which is it...??

my wife has a 5s. She runs three times a week with gps and goes to the gym 5 times a week and uses the cardio function.

She gets about 7-9 days on a full charge.

I think you have a frenemy.

My fenix 5 use to last about 5 days being used twice a day in workout mode, whether swimming, running or cycling as well as a daily wearer recording all the other metrics.  I get similar with now with my 945.

Think you have a battery issue and not too nice friend !!

Thanks guys...I also couldnt believe it was the watch! Oh well...now to see what the "friends" story is.

What watch face is loaded currently.

Had a friend with a battery draining issue and turned out it was software related due to the 3rd party watch face. But it was not severe as 4hours it was like more 4 days I stead of 7 days

In your case its most probably the battery

Edited by Jaws677

Equipment question:

Ive decided to expand to a 3 shoe arsenal, after a few years of Nike Pegasus.

I just bought some racing flats for short, fast runs. (Not that common, I had to search a while to get my size)

For longer training I think the Pegasus is still good as they fit me perfectly, but I will consider a softer ride from other brands.

I need some marathon race day shoes, someting light and stil responsive. I was thinking about Pegasus Turbo 2, but these seem a bit rare and costly too. Zoom Fly 3 are cheaper, but not as responsive without the ZoomX foam.

Suggestions are welcome

Seeing that you already run in Nike, have you tried the Zoom fly Flyknit?

Nike factory outlet in Access Park was selling these for R980, limited sizes though.

What watch face is loaded currently.

Had a friend with a battery draining issue and turned out it was software related due to the 3rd party watch face. But it was not severe as 4hours it was like more 4 days I stead of 7 days

In your case its most probably the battery

In addition to this, check the back light timeout. According to Ray (DC Rainmaker), the backlight on all the time is not noticeable in bright conditions and can chow the battery.

Candz, do a factory reset to get rid of all the potential junk on the watch and then load the latest firmware. 

And even without clutter, it sometimes happens (rarely, but it does) where the battery just drains on one day. Buddy of mine had his fully charge F5 discharge in couple of hours last week. He rebooted it, charged it up again - and now it's fine. 

Candz, do a factory reset to get rid of all the potential junk on the watch and then load the latest firmware. 

And even without clutter, it sometimes happens (rarely, but it does) where the battery just drains on one day. Buddy of mine had his fully charge F5 discharge in couple of hours last week. He rebooted it, charged it up again - and now it's fine. 

I had that with my 645M recently. I unplugged it at a full charge, put it on, set the alarm for the morning and went to bed. I woke up late and the watch was completely dead.