Video: Ride all day - Theo rides the OneForty650 Pascoe

Nick

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this guy? He's got some serious skills.Ā 

Theo Erlangsen? SA national DH rider Came 2nd this year at Jonkershoek cos he blew it into one of the berms. If he hadn't gone in that fast before the road gap, he'd have beaten Stefan Garlicki.Ā 

Theo Erlangsen? SA national DH rider Came 2nd this year at Jonkershoek cos he blew it into one of the berms. If he hadn't gone in that fast before the road gap, he'd have beaten Stefan Garlicki.Ā 

Ā 

Oh okay. Don't really follow the SA DH scene.

Ā 

Great video. Pyga following suit and having a DH pro showcase what their trail bikes are capable of, even though the 99% of the guys who buy the bikes would never be able to ride it in that way. People's aspiration to able to ride anywhere close to that level is a big factor in the choice of buying a bike like the Pyga.Ā 

Hey Myles, remember when he did all that and more in 2012 at the Dirtopia weekend on a 120mm Pyga? He went from the enduro, straight to the dual slalom, then to the dirt jumps, repeated all that several times and then ended off with some DH only to win that too.. the fork eventually blew coz it couldn't keep up.Ā 

Ā 

(actually, come to think of it not even that slowed him down)

Hey Myles, remember when he did all that and more in 2012 at the Dirtopia weekend on a 120mm Pyga? He went from the enduro, straight to the dual slalom, then to the dirt jumps, repeated all that several times and then ended off with some DH only to win that too.. the fork eventually blew coz it couldn't keep up.Ā 

Ā 

(actually, come to think of it not even that slowed him down)

Yep. I remember hearing about it. Sadly wasn't there :(

Ā 

Great video. Pyga following suit and having a DH pro showcase what their trail bikes are capable of, even though the 99% of the guys who buy the bikes would never be able to ride it in that way. People's aspiration to able to ride anywhere close to that level is a big factor in the choice of buying a bike like the Pyga.Ā 

deffos...cant agree more, just like ouens on XC bikes never being able to ride like nino, marathon bike like lekata and road bikes like froome.

Ā 

Our(yes all of us tjops here on the hub doesnt matter if you are a Ā roadie/XC/marathon/trail/enduro) talent level maybe, just maybe justifies a makro special

deffos...cant agree more, just like ouens on XC bikes never being able to ride like nino, marathon bike like lekata and road bikes like froome.

Ā 

Our(yes all of us tjops here on the hub doesnt matter if you are a Ā roadie/XC/marathon/trail/enduro) talent level maybe, just maybe justifies a makro special

Nothing justifies a Makro special.

Ā 

Oh and on that - Raydek's first outing to Contermanskloof on his akro special had him split the head tube at the top & bottom. Just wasn't strong enough for anything above a pavement drop. And even then I think it'd be challenged...Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

While I tend to ponder over whether my ability will do any justice to the bikes capability.

What you say is very true. I wonder if LBS's would sell models any quicker if the bikes they had on the floor was being featured in videos on display within said store.

Wanna sell more oneforty650's? Put a monitor above this bike in your store and have this video on loop with a tiny disclaimer scrolling.

Ā 

The bike you see in this video is the same bike on display.

But the rider is not you. ItsĀ Theo Erlangsen.

Nothing justifies a Makro special.

Ā 

Oh and on that - Raydek's first outing to Contermanskloof on his akro special had him split the head tube at the top & bottom. Just wasn't strong enough for anything above a pavement drop. And even then I think it'd be challenged...Ā 

kekekeke....you havent seen my lack of skills...a makro special will be flattering it