Motorcycles + Two-strokes + IOMTT talk

nathrix

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm worried about Guy Martin (who was uncharacteristically somber in that interview) and the Honda, both a bit under cooked and no John McGuinness to help develop the bike.A nutter amongst nutters.

But he is a live wire usually and can ride a push bike as well - finished well up in the Tour Divide last year under a pseudonym.

I'm worried about Guy Martin (who was uncharacteristically somber in that interview) and the Honda, both a bit under cooked and no John McGuinness to help develop the bike.A nutter amongst nutters.

But he is a live wire usually and can ride a push bike as well - finished well up in the Tour Divide last year under a pseudonym.

yeah, he was damn sombre there... Completely shaken. 

Guy is proper nutter, and for him to be that shaken up you must know it was a close call.

Got lots of time for him, he is a genuinely nice guy.

Glad he made it.

Hey, something we agree on :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Guy really deserves a win man, really stalwart of the road scene. Read his autobiography, he raced with/against Crutchlow when still circuit racing. Wonder where he would've got to if he kept to track racing???

Michael Dunlop took his 14th Isle of Man TT victory in the Monster Energy Supersport Race 1 to equal Mike Hailwood’s 14 wins when he won the 4-lap race by 13.2 seconds from James Hillier.

The Northern Ireland rider overhauled Hillier half way round the first lap but it was only on the final lap that he pulled clear as he took his first 600cc win since 2014. Peter Hickman took third for his second TT 2017 podium in as many days and set the fastest lap of the race on the final lap at 126.848mph.

On-bike FULL Lap - Watch Cameron Donald's Lap with telemetry and commentary here!

yeah, he was damn sombre there... Completely shaken. 

Complained that "all of a sudden the Honda's gearbox was full of neutrals".

Is it not perhaps what caused McGuinness's horrible accident too?

Hey, something we agree on :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Guy really deserves a win man, really stalwart of the road scene. Read his autobiography, he raced with/against Crutchlow when still circuit racing. Wonder where he would've got to if he kept to track racing???

Not sure he has the "precision" of a track great. He has the raw talent road racers need, and that the track stars often lack. You know that proper maverick type riding.

Edited by Patchelicious

Not sure he has the "precision" of a track great. He has the raw talent road racers need, and that the track stars often lack. You know that proper maverick type riding.

Might be his confidence but he reckoned he was beating Cal when their paths split..........