• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So impressed with her this week. Well done[emoji122] [emoji122]

what a turn of speed - jeepers...or should I say...schippers

what a turn of speed - jeepers...or should I say...schippers

Not to mention she also competed in the heptathlon as well.. incredible athlete.

When she sits behind only flojo and marion jones, its a world record.

Now if only the commentators could say skippers not shippers!

The blond Fraulein nearly did win the hurdles! What a pleasant surprise. Lekker to see the big names looking up at the big screen in total WTF bewilderment... Love it.

The highlight has to be class interception of Bolts ankles by the former cameraman...

• 7 months later...

Caster Semenya won 3 SA Champs races in 4 hours.

400m (50.76) Qualified for Rio

800m (1:58.46) Qualified for Rio

1500m (4:10.93) Needs 4:06 to qualify.

• 2 years later...

https://citizen.co.za/sport/south-african-sport/sa-athletics-south-africa-sport/2071697/simbine-and-asa-left-in-the-cold-as-sponsor-mysteriously-withdraws/

why is this relevant to a MTB forum?

Sunday Times also reports that Liquid Telecom hasn’t even paid for last year’s event, leaving Stillwater Sports – the company tasked with organising the Grand Prix on behalf of ASA – with debts of over R10 million.

Stillwater organises a lot of local events, and they're good at it. They've lost out on Wines2Whales as it was sold to the epic dudes, and have since quietly cancelled AfricanX rail run - SA's largest multi day trail run. Getting involved with ASA unfortunately doesn't seem to be a good idea, ever.

https://www.stillwatersports.com/

• 3 months later...

Impressive stuff but that is hardly a major competition.

Was still a 9.98

Maybe if they run more races in the wrong direction....

Impressive stuff but that is hardly a major competition.

looks like this kid will get to major competitions the way he's going, 100m /200m/ 400m + long jump.

Boling wasn’t done, however. In his fourth race of the night, Boling overcame a significant deficit to anchor Strake Jesuit to victory in the 4×400 relay with an incredible split of 44.75. Strake Jesuit’s time of 3:10.56 was a new national leader as well (Boling’s leg starts at the 2:23 mark of the video below):

https://youtu.be/g0NPo8ZyF_o?t=134

• 4 months later...

What a dumb f***ing comment. People are such scumbags.

President of Athletics South Africa (ASA) Aleck Skhosana revealed that he was not happy with the team's performance at the IAAF World Championships in Doha.

"Like the rest of the country, we are not happy we didn't bring back any medals, but we will look into all aspects of our participation in this championship in order to move forward," said Skhosana in a ASA press release.