Jonkershoek permit prices going up

Pure XTC

Hi all

Just heard over the weekend and confirmed it this morning at the gate that the Jonkershoek permits are doubling up in price as of the 1st September 2015.

One time entry: R50

Single annual: R500

Family annual: R700

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Just heard over the weekend and confirmed it this morning at the gate that the Jonkershoek permits are doubling up in price as of the 1st September 2015.

One time entry: R50

Single annual: R500

Family annual: R700

Yeah, it was released a couple of weeks ago. 

TBH it was only a matter of time. The R 25 per person & R 250 per year (or whatever it was) was very, very low.

Also, Cape Pine have come to an agreement with Bennet & the other trail monkeys that the increase in price will be given to them, in order to improve and rebuild the trail network. 

It's something that I, and I think a lot more concerned and dedicated MTB riders, will support fully. 

Bennet & co are already firmly at work in getting the trails back up and running, and have immense plans for hte area. Bobby Behan came on here a while back to explain it all. 

Other than the day permit, it is on par with the likes of Tygerberg MTB Club fees, and looking at the proposed amazing network that will be at Jonkers, these prices are more than cool by me.

BARGAIN! if you think it's too much. Then just remember that Tokai got hiked to R60 pre fire.

oh that's a low blow.

:ph34r:

Edited by (Deon)

BARGAIN! if you think it's too much. Then just remember that Tokai got hiked to R60 pre fire.

As long as the money gets put back into the MTB trails (as in one of the responses above) I do not mind...

Exactly ... and at Tokai 0 ZAR went back into the trails, well done to those organising and building the new Jonkers train network!

Went for a ride there on Sunday and did Neverending and the valley floor trails.  Was still awesome and it's great to see it flourishing again (sans trees sadly).  Could see the new DH line and it's something worth going back for (didn't hit it though due to 50kph winds in the valley...Neverending Story was a matter of prayer on the way down).

Bennet's already started cutting the new Red line for the Neverending Trailhead so they are going as promised.

It's going to be a gooooood summer!

Only too happy to pay the increased fees. And really looking forward to the new trails!

And I still boycot Tokai for the very reason they don't contribute any of the income from cycling into the trail network that is built & maintained & funded by cyclists.

don't take it like that! Meant hey look at cape pine on cape nature land vs cape pine on sanparks land!

was just pulling your chain.. haha

• 1 month later...

As long as the money gets put back into the MTB trails (as in one of the responses above) I do not mind...

Word has it that the surplus is all going to the trail fund. I'm renewing my annual membership with a smile this year.