Jonkershoek permit prices going up

Pure XTC

Renewed my family permit on Sunday. Lekker picnic with the family at a spot on the river. 6 more of those and the cost is covered - and I haven't even STARTED riding. Bargain.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While that does sound like a good rate for ass, I suspect you mean "as".

:eek:  bloody auto-correct!!  

I've still got a yearly permit that’s valid until April next year, will we just have to pay up or only when you renew next year?

Eek! That's steep dude. Is it a profit based thing and is there any features/obstacles that they need to maintain or is it purely for access?

I must say the R1000/year/pp for The Farm does sound rather expensive, and when I paid it in the beginning of year me and most of my buddies in Windhoek was thinking what are we going to get for our R1000.

But I must give it to Peter and the other people involved. :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

The amount of upgrades and trails and  bike park and pump-track and berms and stuff added in 2015 is just astounding.  

Where in the past we  just plodded along cattle paths we now have purpose built track high in the hills, some needing serious contour cutting and excavation.

And they are maintained.

All the places we our tracks cross the farmer's fences there is metal  A-frame ramps so we don't have to dismount. 

A JCB was rented en there is now serious berm, jumps and more.

Take note, water had to brought in with a Unimog to wet the berms to get it hard, otherwise they are useless.

The is even a jump section with a foam-pit.  

Many of the XC-races and is held on The Farm and I think this weekend coming is our second Enduro. 

All this in about year to year and a half. 

Aside from this there is guards at the gate and some patrolling/roaming guards also.

It has really been very nice I think.

Next year I'll pall pay my R1000 again with a smile. 

All this is 600 meter from my house.  :whistling:

Check it out. 

http://www.farmwindhoek.com/

Edited by IH8MUD

Hate to break it to you, but that Black route is the last place to progress your skills, unless you are already at a level where 7m doubles don't worry you too much.  You better show up knowing what's what or things will go against you real quick.

Okay so you staying off it then :-)? 

I must say the R1000/year/pp for The Farm does sound rather expensive, and when I paid it in the beginning of year me and most of my buddies in Windhoek was thinking what are we going to get four our R1000.

But I must give it to Peter and the other people involved. [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

The amount of upgrades and trails and bike park and pump-track and berms and stuff added in 2015 is just astounding.

Where in the past we just plodded along cattle paths we now have purpose built track high in the hills, some needing serious contour cutting and excavation.

And they are maintained.

All the places we our tracks cross the farmer's fences there is metal A-frame ramps so we don't have to dismount.

A JCB was rented en there is now serious berm, jumps and more.

Take note, water had to brought in with a Unimog to wet the berms to get it hard, otherwise they are useless.

The is even a jump section with a foam-pit.

Many of the XC-races and is held on The Farm and I think this weekend coming is our second Enduro.

All this in about year to year and a half.

Aside from this there is guards at the gate and some patrolling/roaming guards also.

It has really been very nice I think.

Next year I'll pall pay my R1000 again with a smile.

All this is 600 meter from my house. :whistling:

Check it out.

http://www.farmwindhoek.com/

Sounds like you're getting your money's worth!

Okay so you staying off it then :-)? 

No sh*t.

I've ridden Pleney Black, blue and yellows in Morgins, Switzerland and the old Double Black in Jonkers all on my trail bike and I was fine. 

Not going near this thing.

I've still got a yearly permit that’s valid until April next year, will we just have to pay up or only when you renew next year?

It seems that your current permit is valid until its expiry date. Mine expired just after the fire and I just didn't have the heart to go there until now.

• 3 months later...

Can anyone confirm what the current permit price for a year is at Jonkers? I heard through the vines that the prices has been decreased again to approx R300/year (after the price has been lifted to R500/year).

Cheers

No sh*t.

I've ridden Pleney Black, blue and yellows in Morgins, Switzerland and the old Double Black in Jonkers all on my trail bike and I was fine. 

Not going near this thing.

To be fair though, it takes you through a million emotions all at once....

The gut wrenching bum clenching OMW this is nuts to the wry smile sjoe made that to that feeling of relief when the 1km trail rockgarden ends only to throw you back into the OMW what the hell am I doing here fright when you pedal like mad for that 2nd dbl......

Every time I ride it I get to the bottom, throw my bike on the floor and run around in circles going WOOW, NOOOO, YES!!!! 

Then I go and have a piece of delicious home made carrot cake, prone out on the lawn and psyche myself up for that long trek back up to canaries or the 'I FEEL LIKE A HERO' (red) trail.....

Jonkers is bonkers.... way too much fun for one day

Buy a permit

To be fair though, it takes you through a million emotions all at once....

The gut wrenching bum clenching OMW this is nuts to the wry smile sjoe made that to that feeling of relief when the 1km trail rockgarden ends only to throw you back into the OMW what the hell am I doing here fright when you pedal like mad for that 2nd dbl......

Every time I ride it I get to the bottom, throw my bike on the floor and run around in circles going WOOW, NOOOO, YES!!!! 

Then I go and have a piece of delicious home made carrot cake, prone out on the lawn and psyche myself up for that long trek back up to canaries or the 'I FEEL LIKE A HERO' (red) trail.....

Jonkers is bonkers.... way too much fun for one day

Buy a permit

Going there for the first time since the fire on Sunday. Really, REALLY looking forward to it. 

Going there for the first time since the fire on Sunday. Really, REALLY looking forward to it. 

The red trail will make you feel like a hero... The berms have been made with protractors and you can just leave your brakes in the car park.

Once the fire hut trail re opens and I can ride the contour path again I will be complete....

The red trail will make you feel like a hero... The berms have been made with protractors and you can just leave your brakes in the car park.

Once the fire hut trail re opens and I can ride the contour path again I will be complete....

The routes have taken a bit of a beating with the hot dry weather. Bennet's 1 and 2 in particular suffers from brake bumps and a few sketchy corners. Nothing to lose your ass over, but enough to add some good old fashioned Jonkershoek gnarl back into the red. I think its going to flow nicely after the first rain and remedial work.

I really, really like Fire Hut.

And yea, I've heard it's really been exposed to some bad braking!!!