USN sues Critic

DJR

Just had coffee with someone who has worked closely with the respondent in the suit over the years. He provides a great service and his facts are solid...but what he doesn't do well is couch his criticism in the best way, ie, there are ways to say someone is lying without calling them a liar. The suit may have some success but it is unlikely to garner the damages claimed.

I stand to be corrected but damages claims in South Africa are limited to ACTUAL provable loss. I wonder how they calculated the damages they are claiming?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stand to be corrected but damages claims in South Africa are limited to ACTUAL provable loss. I wonder how they calculated the damages they are claiming?

By paying some experts to say some things during trial. 

He'll get a retraction and possibly costs.Edit: But I think that'd come with an admonition for the language used. Proving reputational damage is a fun topic. The plaintiff would have to prove the extent of damage that has been done.There are those who believe defamation itself gets a bad wrap. A journalist's job involves a lot of defaming by its very nature. The subjects of news stories are often those who occupy positions of status, but often are of character that doesn't merit such office. Therefore, publishing a story satisfies the intent test, but not necessarily the degree of malice. Then you get the question of fair comment...well...

mmm....

Isn't it less expensive to just take a deep breath if you want to take in oxygen  :ph34r:

... but you have to drink water with it. So ... breathing and swallowing at the same time ... strictly not permitted, thus ... USNNNNN. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it less expensive to just take a deep breath if you want to take in oxygen  :ph34r:

You OBVIOUSLY don't understand the science of oxygen absorption through the STOMACH

Have never liked the brand, and I don't believe these supplements do anything a fairly decent diet wouldn't do. The marketing hype these guys put on labels is nothing short of criminal.

Have never liked the brand, and I don't believe these supplements do anything a fairly decent diet wouldn't do. The marketing hype these guys put on labels is nothing short of criminal.

We have respondent No 6...I think...

Where there is smoke, there is fire!

Eat well, train well, sleep well, repeat!

Yikes! You may want to browse the Syringe thread before you put this very very very contentious line out into BikeHub cyberspace...

Yikes! You may want to browse the Syringe thread before you put this very very very contentious line out into BikeHub cyberspace...

But, on this thread, the smoke is oxygen enriched...

you need some magic, or at least go to magic school.

who went to this(and kept a straight face)?

http://imc.platinumseed.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/NewsletterDesign_EmmaSadleir_Joburg_btn.jpg

Wouldn't be wise to make a crack about waving one's wand, would it?

Archived