Fenix 3 reliability and issues

Messier87

Its a scam for sure.Here are the domain registration details:Registrant N8ame: MEGATEK ELECTRONICSRegistrant Organization: MEGATEK ELECTRONICSRegistrant Street: 14 beaufort street western cape Registrant City: lagos, nigeriaRegistrant State/Province: lagosRegistrant Postal Code: 277Registrant Country: NGRegistrant Phone: +234.0739349684

Tought so haha its really dirt cheap for the sapphire eddition , im far from cta so wouldn't take that risk thanks for the info

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a D2 isn't it?

Wonder if the leather strap will fit F3? Looks like it...

Indded it is a D2.

You can now buy an F3 with the D2 strap - just announced - and yes - it will fit.

Try the guys at Easygis if they have a strap - or garmin.co.za

I just find that mine is very slow...

With pressing the start button it takes a good 4 seconds for the 'apps' to show up.

Same with saving exercises and starting new ones.

On multisport apps you cannot do laps as that stops the current exercise and goes into transition.

And another few things that need sorting out but for features offering you cannot really beat it.

I just find that mine is very slow...

With pressing the start button it takes a good 4 seconds for the 'apps' to show up.

Same with saving exercises and starting new ones.

On multisport apps you cannot do laps as that stops the current exercise and goes into transition.

And another few things that need sorting out but for features offering you cannot really beat it.

Mine is also starting this.  I think I'm going to remove the clutter stored on the watch and make sure all soft/hardware updates are done.

I've had mine for about 3 months. Absolutely love the watch. Only take it off to charge. The Bluetooth link with my phone in my pocket has become part of my life  :D

I've had an issue with the accuracy of Open Water swims on 2 occasions, but this might be because I got tired and started swimming breaststroke - in which case the watch is underwater and can't catch the GPS.

Besides that it really is an awesome watch - and it looks sooooo good!!  :drool:

Guys I'm having an issue with my watch? Went for a short trail run and once completed I saved the activity but now it's stuck in "saving" mode and I cannot do anything. Anyone had the same problem or have any advice?

Guys I'm having an issue with my watch? Went for a short trail run and once completed I saved the activity but now it's stuck in "saving" mode and I cannot do anything. Anyone had the same problem or have any advice?

Not me, not yet... Hope not. 

Not the same problem, but a solution for freezing seems to be holding the Light button down for a minute to perform a reset...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?217136-Fenix3-stuck-on-vibrate

Do a factory reset - just google how to do it - havnt got my manual with me to check

I had the red strap one and the GPS stopped working all together. Just wouldn't get any satelites no matter how long I left it with direct line to the sky.

Anyway, sent it back to Garmin and they replaced it brand new without a word. Despite this wouldn't change it for the world, absolutely love it.

I am currently considering to buy a smart/fitness watch, have been reading up on the Fenix 3 and also other watches. I am looking for a watch which has a GPS that doesnt need my phone to work.

Comparing the Fenix 3 with Vivoactive, are there massive differences?

Also, comparing a watch with heart rate strap compared to the monitor on your wrist, which one is more accurate?

regards

Been using my Fenix 3 for about 5months now and no problems.

Had endless problems with the Fenix 2 however.

Fenix 3 is awesome!

I am currently considering to buy a smart/fitness watch, have been reading up on the Fenix 3 and also other watches. I am looking for a watch which has a GPS that doesnt need my phone to work.

Comparing the Fenix 3 with Vivoactive, are there massive differences?

Also, comparing a watch with heart rate strap compared to the monitor on your wrist, which one is more accurate?

regards

Fenix 3 is the benchmark here and an amazing watch in my opinion. 

The Vivoactive is a cheaper version of this (not my experience with this watch is simply reading reviews etc, no fiscal use).  The vivoactive can be used for a variety of activities,  its got gps mode, smartwatch capabilities, activity tracking etc.  It is however a cheaper version of the F3 and more geared to running than anything else.  With cycling it works with gps and paires with ant+ sensors (not with powermeter as i understand it, only with speed and cadence sensor).  Its got a swimming function, but only for pools...NO open water function apparently. Simply put by DC Rainmaker

A) Do you need structured interval or custom workout support (the Vivoactive doesn’t have)?

B) Do you need a barometric altimeter, or will the GPS-based altimeter in the Vivoactive suffice?

C) Do you need multisport triathlon support (the Vivoactive doesn’t support that)?

D) Do you need power meter support (again, no native support today, though I expect that to show up via Connect IQ)?

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/04/garmin-vivoactive-in-depth-review.html