PPA One Tonner

Sidmouth

Nou toe, lekker slaap, sien julle more in b groep. Ek moet al half 2 opstaan om betyds daar te wees.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nou toe, lekker slaap, sien julle more in b groep. Ek moet al half 2 opstaan om betyds daar te wees.

Ry maar nou soe lank dan slaap jy in jou kar :P  :P  :P

5:40 klink na 'n goeie tyd om op te staan. Dan is ek net voor 6 daar en het so paar kilos se warm up agter die rug.

What a tough race! Started in J, Timefreight did a lot of work upfront,till R44, think they punctured. From there the group picked up some smaller groups and we were quite a large group heading up Botmaskloof. The climb split the group into several smaller ones. My team CT Giants worked to get some guys over more quickly. We regrouped at the Malmesbury water point, and it was a tough ride till the end.

Love the way the last few kickers simulate the DC.

Edited by aVenge

Glad the wind did not complicate things this time, had a great time and it was a lot easier than I remembered. I'd say this is pretty much the ideal extended funride  :thumbup:

<rant on>

There are a few things I noticed that really is not on.

1) DC Teams - FIFO (this is not DC)

2) Littering - if I can stash my trash why can't you? If I had a big enough bag I'd put those who litter in it because they are trash and needs to be disposed of.

3) DC Teams - yes again - don't screw up the groups pace just because you want to regroup at the bottom of Helshoogte and then come blasting past on the wrong side of the white line a few KM later. This is not DC, fit in or ..... off.

4) Support vehicles - why so many? This ride is about you VS 100 miles. If you can't pull that off on your own then don't enter. 

<rant off>

Thanks to all the marshals and traffic officials and PPA for making this possible. It won't take me two years to do this again, see you next year  :clap:

Edited by Rouxenator

Today's race reached my list of 5 worst races ever. Nothing to do with the event itself! No legs, haertrate was lazy and the list goes on..............

1 thing I would like to rant about:  Don't you just love these riders appearing from nowhere after the start of the race and join the bunch for the entire race. Not only are they too cheap to pay for their entry but they have the arrogance to organize the bunch and shout commands to the rest. FFS

It's a hard ride whether are fast or slow.

Very glad that it didn't get too hot or too windy.

We were a 9 man DC team, with a HUGE peloton behind us from Malmsbury. I think they were grateful for the work we did into the wind, so not all DC teams are the pitts  :whistling:

Does anyone know if that rider in Group, between A-D is ok, I think he rode into the back of a Toyota Tazz, looked pretty bad.

1 thing I would like to rant about: Don't you just love these riders appearing from nowhere after the start of the race and join the bunch for the entire race. Not only are they too cheap to pay for their entry but they have the arrogance to organize the bunch and shout commands to the rest. FFS

I saw a few of those, people with no PPA numbers wearing the same shirts as other riders with numbers (guess what they are). Saw a few with expired PPA numbers. I gave up and just enjoyed the ride seeing as it was pretty easy this time round.

Does anyone know if that rider in Group, between A-D is ok, I think he rode into the back of a Toyota Tazz, looked pretty bad.

He's ok, not a race entrant, he was standing when I got to the scene, there was another person in worse condition, that was standing behind his car after closing his boot in order to do a tyre change, the cyclist rode into him and he was pushed through his own back window. Medics attended to both of them.

Edited by -Az-

When I got there he was laying motionless off the road, so I stopped to call the emergeny number. Was in D group, or well thats what his PPA number was. He then got up after a while. Hope they both ok