RIP cradle MTB route

Furbz

Did I mention how absurd, and now downright moronic, this "debate" is? Just how much time do people have on their hands to put this amount of energy into troll like behaviour  ;)

People are actually complaining about there being well maintained, marked OPTIONS for MTBng when not that long ago in the North of Jhb we only had the Spruit, NFarms and some "secret"/illegal routes out West.  

As a number of other people have noted - there are PLENTY of other challenging and technical routes all easily accessible that will test your awesomeness on a MTB. I'm sure the forum would appreciate your critiques on these as well

And going Nazi - not cool... 

Move on...

BTW keep up the good work Dflip - common sense or topic boredom will prevail, eventually 

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I mention how absurd, and now downright moronic, this "debate" is? Just how much time do people have on their hands to put this amount of energy into troll like behaviour  ;)

People are actually complaining about there being well maintained, marked OPTIONS for MTBng when not that long ago in the North of Jhb we only had the Spruit, NFarms and some "secret"/illegal routes out West.  

As a number of other people have noted - there are PLENTY of other challenging and technical routes all easily accessible that will test your awesomeness on a MTB. I'm sure the forum would appreciate your critiques on these as well

And going Nazi - not cool... 

Move on...

BTW keep up the good work Dflip - common sense or topic boredom will prevail, eventually 

OK seriously. Troll off.

i'm trying to get my miles up. riding technical trails all the time is not easy going and paying for technical trail 3x a week? i ride from home, do the cradle mtb route and ride back. or i do the spruit. around 70 plus km's

we need easier trails to cruise along to get time in the legs.

i'm sure many people are trying to do this?

i just don't see the need to change something that wasn't broken.

OK seriously. Troll off.

i'm trying to get my miles up. riding technical trails all the time is not easy going and paying for technical trail 3x a week? i ride from home, do the cradle mtb route and ride back. or i do the spruit. around 70 plus km's

we need easier trails to cruise along to get time in the legs.

i'm sure many people are trying to do this?

i just don't see the need to change something that wasn't broken.

I throw my hands up in despair

and the client is? - us via taxes. so do our voices not count? the actual people who use the trails?

Our voices, like I posted earlier, was heard on the onset of the project.

If you filled in the questionnaire like a lot of Hubbers did, you will probably be more complacent with the trail as it is at the moment.

The questionnaire, was very comprehensive in terms of the demographics of proposed trail users.

You are starting to sound like #clivenaidoo "I pay your salary"

The reason why we (the posters in this thread) are defending this trail to this extent is that we are using the trails for it's intent, it's the last place I think of when I want to "shred the gnar"

It's the first place I think of when my lighty says lets go for a ride, or when I am in the mood for something chilled, to ride as recovery with the wife.

You are welcome to take the issues you have up with the local ward councillor, who in turn will feed back to the trail committee.

I throw my hands up in despair

so you agree the fun section that is no more is ok?

or are you going to sit on the wall to?

so do you agree the trail needed to be made easier?

simple question. vast majority wont answer it.

I do not wish to comment on the technicality of the trail, I am not IMBA accredited, and for me, Technicality of a trail is very subjective.

FENCE demmit, I know just getting silly now  :ph34r:

Are you actually a bit delusional...I agree with exactly what the trail builders are doing. It's got a lot more to do with the entire trail than your unhealthy obsession with the "fun" section!

Are you actually a bit delusional...I agree with exactly what the trail builders are doing. It's got a lot more to do with the entire trail than your unhealthy obsession with the "fun" section!

you still wont answer the question.

you'd make a great politician

Not gonna read the entire thread, I might start self-harming. If you want free (more) technical then instead of turning into the cradle head out to home of chicken pie, cross the road and there is single track almost all the way to Nikita. And its free. And full of rocks. And quiet. 

They really need a Teeter-totter on that section... it worked out really well last time someone built one on the Spruit  :thumbup:

They really need a Teeter-totter on that section... it worked out really well last time someone built one on the Spruit  :thumbup:

yoh. i remember that...

was there ever a count on how many okes came off second there?

was a lot of fun though!

Archived