[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

I thought it was VA 225 He pushed me of Dean's wheel then tried the same with dean, dean pushed him away and he punched him on the jaw and dean went off the road. Sat in the bunch the whole day and with 2km left he wanted to sprint cut me off and even though i braked he still clipped my wheel.

When you start talking to him he gets aggressive...

Was a nice race I do feel robbed though

We passed the elites about or 9 km before the hotspot, they then slowed the elites down. with the hotspot the elites attacked and a small group came pas us. At that point the breakaway had 30 s on us.

They then neutralized the VA race because of 15 elites for 5 km but what about the breakaway?. When we got a gap update it was 3 1/2 minutes. Maybe the time delay between VA's and elites should be bigger, last year I was in elites when the va leading group came past us, but never luckily not the main peloton, it was choas

Other than that hard day out. Really does seem like in the VA's once an attack has formed they will win. Well that is what I have seen so far. Other than that it was a good race.

HI Happy Martin

As said to Zartek, make sure you got the right number.

Matter of a fact, You almost caused 3 accidents by just changing your line and bumping into the wheels of others that is next  to you.

So before you go on and do a blame game make sure you are not in the wrong. We all make mistakes but don't ignore when others try to talk to you for being in the wrong

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HI Zatek

Just before you pick a number and complain on a forum.

Please make sure that you do have the correct info. I was 225 , I was about 4 wheels behind Dean. I was the 1 of the 1st when he got back on the road to tell him that I'm glad nothing happened and that he did really well not to fall.

Just get your facts straight

Hi sorry about that. Rastaman said it was 225 and he apalogize so it is my turn. I was confused about the number and went with rastaman as he was the last guy almost taken out by him.

My bad.

Wow yes, he nearly put me into the sand while chopping into the paceline. Really needs some group riding lessons.

Lol Wes hope you mean 245 and not 225? I was 225 and we do not look the same. lol

Lol Wes hope you mean 245 and not 225? I was 225 and we do not look the same. lol

That was funny. Sorry about the mix up.

HI Happy Martin

As said to Zartek, make sure you got the right number.

Matter of a fact, You almost caused 3 accidents by just changing your line and bumping into the wheels of others that is next  to you.

So before you go on and do a blame game make sure you are not in the wrong. We all make mistakes but don't ignore when others try to talk to you for being in the wrong

Mistakes can happen, you've addressed this to Happy Martin but quoted Rastaman

Edited by scotty

Anyone know how the guy is that fell in AL about 5 km from the start? I believe it was Henk Du Toit. I was on his wheel when he "what looked like" touched wheels with the oke in front of him and came a cropper. Speedy recovery to him.

Anyone know how the guy is that fell in AL about 5 km from the start? I believe it was Henk Du Toit. I was on his wheel when he "what looked like" touched wheels with the oke in front of him and came a cropper. Speedy recovery to him.

Yip it was Henk from Activize, he is in quite bad shape, up until yesterday we were told it was "just" a broken collar bone and shoulder (no op needed) however today we have heard that they have done more x-Rays and have found multiple rib fractures and also a small puncture in his lung. He is being kept in ICU for monitoring.

Heal up soon Henk!!

Yip it was Henk from Activize, he is in quite bad shape, up until yesterday we were told it was "just" a broken collar bone and shoulder (no op needed) however today we have heard that they have done more x-Rays and have found multiple rib fractures and also a small puncture in his lung. He is being kept in ICU for monitoring.

Heal up soon Henk!!

I have seen the race incident report a few minutes ago, so no need to quote the report of "fractured clavicle" as it's more than that.

On behalf of the organising committee, we wish him a speedy recovery.

I rode in EL and we got rain as we crossed over the highway to turn left into Heidelberg. It rained from there for (I'd guess) around the next 20km. Nothing torrential but hard enough to soak us right through. The roads were then wet for (again I'd guess) another 10km after it stopped raining.

Rode in EL about 25 km in we caught a group of DL riders. One of the EL riders came down pretty hard anyone know if he is ok. I saw the marshall stop and help. We were going pretty fast at the time and he clipped the rider in fronts wheel. 

Rode in EL about 25 km in we caught a group of DL riders. One of the EL riders came down pretty hard anyone know if he is ok. I saw the marshall stop and help. We were going pretty fast at the time and he clipped the rider in fronts wheel. 

Didn't see that. I hope he is ok. At some points the group was so big (especially after we caught the DL group) I was doing my best to stay near the front and out of trouble.

incident report shows the person was transported to the medical tent, wounds cleaned and dressed.