[Event] Carnival City Macsteel National Classic

Frosty

In the racing groups you need try deal with it yourselves. It happens. Talk to him. Shout at him. Whatever. He might learn from that. Often new guys get yelled at if they don't know what's up. Happened to me.

I think that's the first place to start.

Apparently there was a couple of punches as well.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Gerald - Thank you for such a well organised event. Bar mother nature with the rain and wind, this was a awesome event.... Yeah no punctures this time.

@ Scotty - Where were you... I searched for you the whole ride...Nada.

Am pretty chuffed with this attempt, still waiting for the final results(Championchip site down), I was really hoping to break the sub 3 mark but all in all with the weather been such a cow I am happy.

Apparently there was a couple of punches as well.

Can't condone punches. If you mean there were punches thrown in my case then you are correct. I regret that. Wish I could say it will never happen again. I hope that's true.

Results are up....

Just a question to those that did it this year and last year,caws it more difficult this year in yr opinion?

Where does one lodge a complaint against a cyclist so that he doesn't ride in VA again. Cyclelab rider VA 254 or 245. According to me he almost caused 6 accidents that I am aware of and he was dangerous at Ride 4 sight as well.

I think I know exactly who you talking about. Not sure his number but I distinctly remember the bright red cycle lab shirt stuffing around. After seeing him almost cause 2 accidents I decided to avoid him like the plague.

Where does one lodge a complaint against a cyclist so that he doesn't ride in VA again. Cyclelab rider VA 254 or 245. According to me he almost caused 6 accidents that I am aware of and he was dangerous at Ride 4 sight as well.

I know exactly who you are talking about. Thing is he is not new, he is ex elite and has had run ins with people all over the place.

Awesome event! Really well organised, marshalling in VB was great and so was the racing. Kudos to the guys that got away at 35 odd km. Ended up getting 2 punctures in the last 5km so ended up on the side of the road begging for a tube.  :cursing:

I do have one MASSIVE compliant about this race. And if Gerald doesn't sort it out I will officially lodge a complaint. My problem is that Gerald and the organisers don't get to do the race. Gerald, one year you have to relinquish your sideline position and do the race. My wife and I always say we did so much organising for our wedding but didn't get to enjoy half the stuff and we would love to go to our wedding as guests. So seriously, make a plan !!!

Thank you once again for a great race. Pity VA race was ruined by the elites.

In the racing groups you need try deal with it yourselves. It happens. Talk to him. Shout at him. Whatever. He might learn from that. Often new guys get yelled at if they don't know what's up. Happened to me.

I think that's the first place to start.

I thought it was VA 225 He pushed me of Dean's wheel then tried the same with dean, dean pushed him away and he punched him on the jaw and dean went off the road. Sat in the bunch the whole day and with 2km left he wanted to sprint cut me off and even though i braked he still clipped my wheel.

When you start talking to him he gets aggressive...

Was a nice race I do feel robbed though

We passed the elites about or 9 km before the hotspot, they then slowed the elites down. with the hotspot the elites attacked and a small group came pas us. At that point the breakaway had 30 s on us.

They then neutralized the VA race because of 15 elites for 5 km but what about the breakaway?. When we got a gap update it was 3 1/2 minutes. Maybe the time delay between VA's and elites should be bigger, last year I was in elites when the va leading group came past us, but never luckily not the main peloton, it was choas

Other than that hard day out. Really does seem like in the VA's once an attack has formed they will win. Well that is what I have seen so far. Other than that it was a good race.

I also have to commend on today's race, there are more visible marshals on the ground and it'd made the event much safer and enjoyable.

Also I would like to thank the marshal who assisted me with my puncture (and also other marshals who'd also assist riders with similar situations)

Thank you Gerald & Germiston-wheelers for possibly the best organized race-event of the year (to-date)

I thought it was VA 225 He pushed me of Dean's wheel then tried the same with dean, dean pushed him away and he punched him on the jaw and dean went off the road. Sat in the bunch the whole day and with 2km left he wanted to sprint cut me off and even though i braked he still clipped my wheel.

Was a nice race I do feel robbed though

We passed the elites about or 9 km before the hotspot, they then slowed the elites down. with the hotspot the elites attacked and a small group came pas us. At that point the breakaway had 30 s on us.

They then neutralized the VA race because of 15 elites for 5 km but what about the breakaway?. When we got a gap update it was 3 1/2 minutes. Maybe the time delay between VA's and elites should be bigger, last year I was in elites when the va leading group came past us, but never luckily not the main peloton, it was choas

Other than that hard day out. Really does seem like in the VA's once an attack has formed they will win. Well that is what I have seen so far. Other than that it was a good race.

You correct it was 225. Was the 2 wheels behind you when it happened. You should have heard the remakrs from behind.

Geez, what a chop.

As for the race, another well organized event. Well done to Gerald and the team and big kudos to them for clearing up the road where the big accident happened past Duduza.

Another tough race in AL, the racing has definitely gone up a level in AL this year. Bad luck to Henk who fell right at the start, heal up soon!

The bit of rain that we had was actually quite welcome. Cooled me down a bit.

Well done again to all involved. See u in November

@ Scotty - Where were you... I searched for you the whole ride...Nada.

Am pretty chuffed with this attempt, still waiting for the final results(Championchip site down), I was really hoping to break the sub 3 mark but all in all with the weather been such a cow I am happy.

Lol what did i tell you about not giving me bad luck regards punctures, got to the start batch only to find my rear wheel squishy, rushed back to the car to change tube and pump with my big pump, joined at the back just in time to make start, less than 5ks later I felt the dreaded squishy feel again but unfortunately I'd already used my spare tube, started walk back when some guy in bakkie stopped and gave me a lift.  

2nd race I've ever started and not finished  :(

Glad you had a good ride.

Lol what did i tell you about not giving me bad luck regards punctures, got to the start batch only to find my rear wheel squishy, rushed back to the car to change tube and pump with my big pump, joined at the back just in time to make start, less than 5ks later I felt the dreaded squishy feel again but unfortunately I'd already used my spare tube, started walk back when some guy in bakkie stopped and gave me a lift.  

2nd race I've ever started and not finished  :(

Glad you had a good ride.

Not lekker, first race in 3 I have finish without a puncture, did my best 100k time today, well done Gerald and team.

Great race. Well organised and marshalled. Never a problem following the route. Even in the bunch in the rain. Maybe it's me but it seems the Heidelberg area has a vendetta against cyclists. Between the r4s and today, it was either blowing gale force winds or raining. Or both.

Archived