Interview: South Industries locally made carbon rims

News bot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you could in theory lace them to whatever hub you want. That's the beauty of them. You can get what you want

Had a look at them at the Cycle Faire. Very well put together. Even the inside of the rim was drool worthy. Pity one has to lay rim tape over the spoke holes...

Had a look at them at the Cycle Faire. Very well put together. Even the inside of the rim was drool worthy. Pity one has to lay rim tape over the spoke holes...

True, but the flip side is being able to use a std j-bend spoke as a replacement and not some hard to find special spoke.

This is not for us normal guys that have bikes worth 9k

sure...there will be better ways to drop that kinda cash on a 9k bike however

Its probably the best upgrade the middle of the road bikes can do, and its not about weight believe it or not. Those I9 hubs are machines wrt durability..can take a proper beating and they look moer sexy. The rims are extremely stiff so it will actually make you ride better and more precise.

Given the cost, would I upgrade my groupset to top 1x11 or stick with my 2x10 and go with these wheels

Easy choice, wheels everyday of the week

True, but the flip side is being able to use a std j-bend spoke as a replacement and not some hard to find special spoke.

You can use std jbend spokes on a carbon rim without the internal rim bed holes - no big deal - just takes a few magnetic spoke tips and a magnet - and some patience... not a lot really.... :)

and

You can use std jbend spokes on a carbon rim without the internal rim bed holes - no big deal - just takes a few magnetic spoke tips and a magnet - and some patience... not a lot really.... :)

and

that is awesome

that is awesome

It is indeed - looks like a pretty potent magnet too that he is using, but clearly it appears to be only marginally slower than a "normal" wheel - putting nipples in those is more tricky than it looks.

• 8 months later...

Hi South Industries

I am interested in a set of 29er wheels on tune hubs.

Some questions I am hoping you can help me with.

1. What is the weight of the wheelset

2. In terms of impact force strength have you done any testing if so how do the wheels compare to ZTR valor

3. Do the wheels have a rider weight limit?

4. Is the promo price inclusive of delivery.

Cheers

Hey South Industries - please wont you respond to these questions.....

Hey South Industries - please wont you respond to these questions.....

maybe send them an email??