The I-Team

tombeej

Wish I had seen this earlier. Motivation at its best. Won't manage your guys pace this year, starting at 735. Hoping to join the I-team next year. Good luck to you all.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi iTeam,

Unfortunately I must withdraw for tomorrow - I won't bore you with the details - Lets just say it's complicated.

My wish is for everyone to have a safe ride and achieve their PB's.

Good Luck to All.

Rob

At least "It's complicated" also starts with an "I"... Like the other reasons "Injury" and "Illness"...  

Good luck with what ever it is! 

Hi, I did a 3 hour last year, I'm starting in B batch, but would rather join your group, can I join you? Where is everyone meeting?

Circle D between 6am and 6:15.

Remember, the point of the group is to help everyone succeed in setting a good time, not to do a sub 3.

Whilst I know you were late in joining the I team band wagon... go back a few pages and you will see the aim of the team is to get a Sub 3 for many, else to hang on and conserve as much energy by having a coordinated group effort that you are perhaps able to achieve a pb if not a sub 3.

So the point of the group is to get as many as possible a sub 3!!

Good luck to the I-Team bus. I hope all of the members will ride that magical sub3. To the team leaders who will keep everything together good luck with your initiative to manage to the bus.

To Tombeej sorry you can not make it but I think everybody will ride it for you as you started it all.

Although I may have joined late, I read all the posts.  I particularly liked this one by tombeej https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/155156-the-i-team-947/page-18?do=findComment&comment=2747503 .  Of course the target is 3h00, but it's also to help everyone and have fun at it.  Looking forward to tomorrow!  See everyone at Circle D @ 6am!  Have a good rest tonight!

Whilst I know you were late in joining the I team band wagon... go back a few pages and you will see the aim of the team is to get a Sub 3 for many, else to hang on and conserve as much energy by having a coordinated group effort that you are perhaps able to achieve a pb if not a sub 3.

So the point of the group is to get as many as possible a sub 3!!

Oh is it?

Tom and Scott have been very clear about the goals here.

I am so pissed off, I was so hoping to set my PB this year but unfortunately I am not even riding as I have been battling with flu the past 3 weeks..... No training what so ever and the Doc suggested I don`t ride till i am 100% healthy....

Too all those riding tomorrow, Good luck and stay hydrated in this heat.

I hope you all achieve those personnel goals you have set for this years 94.7.....

Edited by Stiglitz86

See you tomorrow guys.

Out of interest though, what is the higher priority of this group:

1. Getting say 30-40 riders a sub-3

2. Getting the majority of the group a good time ever if a sub-3 is sacrificed in the name of keep the group together?

I'm just here to help and cool with whichever ????

The I-Team got way bigger than we could have imagined. Way too big now to have any hope of keeping things together, let's be honest. I think common sense says this group Will spilt into smaller groups - it's unavoidable. But then when the smaller groups do form, those I-Teamers still stay together and work together for their PB. Still have the attitude of not leaving others behind. And the V8's in the team can still ride for their teammates who are going for a sub 3. Wait for the group on the climbs - that mustn't change - try and keep as many together as possible. Fast guys must share going back and pace teammates back to the bunch. But the splits will be unavoidable - we just need to try and delay them as long as possible. Next time we do this, we'll probably look at having a few road captains with whistles who will be designated A, B, C group captains. That way, there's still someone tasked with organising each off-split as they happen.