The I-Team

tombeej

I've never had cause to buy a whistle, does anybody know where you can even buy one?

We'll need a stronger rider than me to be the sweeper, but happy to buy the whistle if I am somewhere that sells them on my travels today.

Sportsmans Warehouse will have

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I'm worse than yesterday. I'm down with a proper bug and no chance of riding a bike any time soon. I'm so sorry for dropping you guys. I'm totally depressed and hating the world right now. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. Have a jol :).

Tough break bud, especially after all the M19 hill repeats. Heal up soon, and we will ride together again!

I will be bringing the yellow dots.

At the moment no one has indicated that they need cable ties so please let me know before 11am as i wont be checking the website after that.

Attached are some photos i took last night:

Helmet with cable tie (Yellow dot missing at the moment)

post-46817-0-47279700-1447481860_thumb.jpg

Split time breakdown on Top tube (Top of the Wilds and Witkoppen highlighted)

post-46817-0-05102600-1447481966_thumb.jpg

My Charity shirt i will be riding in tomorrow, Should be easily identifiable

post-46817-0-70574100-1447482077_thumb.jpg

I have also stuck my number to my helmet, if a few of us do this, when the photos come out we should have various angled shots of our I TEAM.

Patch , Wez O would you guys might acting as a sweeper in rotation for the 1st bit?

I hope that everyone in the I-Train has read the tactics and discussions on this thread.

But I'm gonna guess that not all have done so.

ScottC-M, I suggest that you bring a couple cable ties just incase.

Also, tomorrow at our meeting point, we'll need somebody to brief all the riders in our group and refresh our memory on tactics, who'll be doing alot of the domestique duties, time splits at key points, communication, etc.

I doubt that everyone is following this thread completely.

Tough break bud, especially after all the M19 hill repeats. Heal up soon, and we will ride together again!

I will be bringing the yellow dots.

At the moment no one has indicated that they need cable ties so please let me know before 11am as i wont be checking the website after that.

Attached are some photos i took last night:

Helmet with cable tie (Yellow dot missing at the moment)

20151113_190827_resized.jpg

Split time breakdown on Top tube (Top of the Wilds and Witkoppen highlighted)

20151113_191336_resized.jpg

My Charity shirt i will be riding in tomorrow, Should be easily identifiable

20151113_193256_resized.jpg

I have also stuck my number to my helmet, if a few of us do this, when the photos come out we should have various angled shots of our I TEAM.

Patch , Wez O would you guys might acting as a sweeper in rotation for the 1st bit?

What does this sweeping entail? I'm not very good at riding with hands off the handlebars, and the last time I used a hand to push somebody I crashed.... So....

I must say, after this mornings Twitter ride, I am more inclined to sit on the front and pull, stay out of trouble.

Edited by Patchelicious

I hope that everyone in the I-Train has read the tactics and discussions on this thread.

But I'm gonna guess that not all have done so.

ScottC-M, I suggest that you bring a couple cable ties just incase.

Also, tomorrow at our meeting point, we'll need somebody to brief all the riders in our group and refresh our memory on tactics, who'll be doing alot of the domestique duties, time splits at key points, communication, etc.

I doubt that everyone is following this thread completely.

It's Saturday but I am in a Friday mood ............ all the tactics will be out the back door in the first 30 k's  :devil:

Reason ........ ego, speed and unity ......

For sweeping I don't think that pushing is necessary. The idea is really to have 1 or 2 riders at the back to collect the stragglers behind them after each hill and pace them back to the group. Because the quicker this is done (and the whistle is blown), the quicker the front guys can start motoring again.

For sweeping I don't think that pushing is necessary. The idea is really to have 1 or 2 riders at the back to collect the stragglers behind them after each hill and pace them back to the group. Because the quicker this is done (and the whistle is blown), the quicker the front guys can start motoring again.

This I can try and do.

I suppose this will need to start happening after the first 10-15km, once the full 200 odd has thinned a bit, doing it right from the start will be difficult as the group will be massive?

Unfortunately I'm worse than yesterday. I'm down with a proper bug and no chance of riding a bike any time soon. I'm so sorry for dropping you guys. I'm totally depressed and hating the world right now. Good luck to everyone for tomorrow. Have a jol :).

Sorry to hear that, get better soon and thanks for initiating all of this!

Ag nee ***!

Go ask Rourke for an injection quick! Daryl is in country too, his chemist can make you some handmade pills! ;)

Sorry to hear dude!!

This I can try and do.

I suppose this will need to start happening after the first 10-15km, once the full 200 odd has thinned a bit, doing it right from the start will be difficult as the group will be massive?

Yes only our I Team members with cable ties for identification would need pacing back. Thanks once again

PS i Know this is late but i will be travelling from Alberton by myself and have a 4 bike platform, so if anybody in my area needs a lift just shout or PM to get my cell number

Anybody willing to drop me off somewhere along the route (Maxwell/Allandale near Cut Off A) if we don't make it back in time to start a second lap?

Edit: Never mind, I see Caracal > Zinnia > Main > R55 is just a 6km ride form the finish.

Edited by wernerhp

Hi iTeam,

Unfortunately I must withdraw for tomorrow - I won't bore you with the details - Lets just say it's complicated.

My wish is for everyone to have a safe ride and achieve their PB's.

Good Luck to All.

Rob