The I-Team

tombeej

I was thinking we could meet somewhere in Fourways, like the parking lot of Fourways Crossing, then we ride in from there. Much easier that way.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think a final meet spot on-site will work. I can't get to Fourways on the day - there's some cycle race in the way.....

Prob likewise for anyone coming from Pretoria side?

I think a final meet spot on-site will work. I can't get to Fourways on the day - there's some cycle race in the way..... Prob likewise for anyone coming from Pretoria side?

Maybe a meeting point at Fourways, and another on your side (if there is one) and a final point near the start so we can get the two groups, and any stragglers, together?

Not too much, that I know of between the N14 and Riversands apart from Diepsloot.

I'm sure we'll work it out nearer the time.

I will be parking at the Leaping frog center (was a pleasure last year)...

Obviously don't mind riding to the rendezvous point. Wherever that may be.

Add me to the group plz guys.

Will be my 1st 947.

Are you seeded in bunch/start group I? ......and it is your 1st 94.7?

You must have done a few good seeding races.

Edited by hayleyearth

Maybe a meeting point at Fourways, and another on your side (if there is one) and a final point near the start so we can get the two groups, and any stragglers, together?

I'm just weary that this will over complicate things. Last year I did the charity ride and we were meant to meet at traffic circle "D" but then once we got there they had allowed us to go through to "6". This was the last circle before the starting pens. The circle was large enough to house more the 100 people. I suggested we follow suit as it worked so well last year.

Those whom want to meet elsewhere and then join up please feel free. I will be at the "last" circle before the closed pens, be that "D" or "6" and will be waiting for others whom are heading there directly.

PS: I doubt I will be able to ride back up William Nicole after attempting a sub 3 whether achieved or not.

I'm just weary that this will over complicate things. Last year I did the charity ride and we were meant to meet at traffic circle "D" but then once we got there they had allowed us to go through to "6". This was the last circle before the starting pens. The circle was large enough to house more the 100 people. I suggested we follow suit as it worked so well last year.

Those whom want to meet elsewhere and then join up please feel free. I will be at the "last" circle before the closed pens, be that "D" or "6" and will be waiting for others whom are heading there directly.

PS: I doubt I will be able to ride back up William Nicole after attempting a sub 3 whether achieved or not.

From the venue map, it looks like Roundabout D is where the entry to the pens is, with no-access at roundabout D from the south or east?

It might be wise to have one meeting point at the venue rather than 2, cos you know we're likely to lose people that way.

Roundabout D as the final meeting point, with sub-groups meeting off-site at their discretion?

post-77414-0-46181000-1446443607_thumb.gif

I really hope the start is in better shape than last year.

I remember having loads of mud and gunk in my cleats before I got to the start.

I really hope the start is in better shape than last year.

I remember having loads of mud and gunk in my cleats before I got to the start.

They haven't been communicating the socks over the shoes thing as they did last year, so here's hoping?

I took an old tooth-brush last year and cleaned cleats in the pens - helped enormously...

From the venue map, it looks like Roundabout D is where the entry to the pens is, with no-access at roundabout D from the south or east?

It might be wise to have one meeting point at the venue rather than 2, cos you know we're likely to lose people that way.

Roundabout D as the final meeting point, with sub-groups meeting off-site at their discretion?

attachicon.gifcc_venue_parking_06102015.gif

Meeting point D sounds good.

Are we going to have some sort of markers we can put on our shirts or helmets to identify each other. It's a big crowd to navigate

Meeting point D sounds good.

Are we going to have some sort of markers we can put on our shirts or helmets to identify each other. It's a big crowd to navigate

Go back a few pages....cable tie on our helmet with a yellow sticker to be provided by Scott at the rendezvous. Or put some yellow tape (insulation or otherwise) on the cable-tie before arrival?

OR....we'll be the good-looking riders! We are Hubbers after all....