I'm getting a new riding buddy....

L.T.G

Congrats...better start riding a lot now. Soon you'll have zero time

Probably not zero, but it definitely becomes more challenging.

Absolutely worth it though.! :thumbup:

Congrats.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to you and the missus L.T.G

This certainly is an amazing time ahead.. and if you think climbing the Mother B*tch of a hill on the red route at Heia is tough...there are some tough, challenging times with kids.

But the first couple of months really are precious, before they start talking and giving you Sh*t.

Teenagers are nice though, they seem to know fkn everything, whether you ask them or not...

Enjoy!!!

Congrats Bud.

My Wife is 34 weeks so I got only a little bit to go now(our first one). Enjoy those scans now because as it gets bigger you see less. Our 30 week scan all we saw was an ear. Its an absolute awesome feeling when they kick and you get to feel it. Mine is a boy and I used to poke him and didn't get much of a reaction, At the 4D scan the lady was like tapping my wife's stomach and he reacted so now I do that and without fail every time he gives a kick or an elbow, Its flipping cool.

Congrats man ... it's a real big step in your life. 

Spend quality time with the missus now, and make sure you keep it up once Jr is here. Don't worry too much about money, babies are all born with their own wallets (you always have money for the kiddos, even if not for yourself) but if you can, lay away some stuff now that may take the edge off a hard month or two - nappies, wet wipes, those fancy toilet bag thingies. 

(I'm on meds so my English may just be a little worse for wear)

Congrats , start buying nappies and wet wipes now.

Good advise.

Watch takealot.com they have monthly specials on baby stuff and to date I haven't found nappies cheaper anywhere else. Every time we buy some nappies we throw in a few packets of wet wipes as well.

I believe that if the bag/box is still sealed places like baby city will buy them back from you BUT i'm not sure if you had to buy them from there to start with.

Congrats Bud.My Wife is 34 weeks so I got only a little bit to go now(our first one). Enjoy those scans now because as it gets bigger you see less. Our 30 week scan all we saw was an ear. Its an absolute awesome feeling when they kick and you get to feel it. Mine is a boy and I used to poke him and didn't get much of a reaction, At the 4D scan the lady was like tapping my wife's stomach and he reacted so now I do that and without fail every time he gives a kick or an elbow, Its flipping cool.

Ah man, i remember those days when wifey first felt baby move but i could not. Then the day came i could feel this little waves and eventually limbs and could see her move in the tummy. Couldnt get enough of that, so flipping amazing. Congrats.

Good advise.

Watch takealot.com they have monthly specials on baby stuff and to date I haven't found nappies cheaper anywhere else. Every time we buy some nappies we throw in a few packets of wet wipes as well.

I believe that if the bag/box is still sealed places like baby city will buy them back from you BUT i'm not sure if you had to buy them from there to start with.

We use those pidgin wet wipes as they great value for money. Baby city nornally cheaper for them.

.............Ok.. it'll be a while till he can ride ^_^...............

The time will fly and before you know it you will be looking in the Hub Classifieds for a kiddies trailer to hook behind your bike. Next thing you'll be asking the Hub for advice on kiddies bikes and posting in the "Riding with Kids" thread. Soon after that you'll start playing the upgrade game where you buy better bits for your bike and hand down your bikes old bits to the youngster........until they ride the same size you ride.......which is reason to treat yourself to a brand new bike and give the old one to them......Fantastic stuff. :)

"Riding with Kids" thread.  

:thumbup: started following this thread a while ago to start getting tips  ^_^

:thumbup: started following this thread a while ago to start getting tips  ^_^

Mine are 15 and 16 and now take offence if I post there. They recon that if they can keep up with the adults then they are too grown up to be called kids! Teenagers! :D

Congratulations!!

Awesome times lying ahead..

We are 14 week into our second one now! Can't wait!

I still buy bike stuff aswell. Dont let them scare you!!

(Its very small stuff!! LOL)

Archived