Rourke Croeser found not guilty of contravening Medical Rules

News bot

I think you've both misunderstood what The Doctor has posted. He's saying that according to the rules the needle is not allowed whether in or out of competition. On that basis the CSA ruling would be incorrect.

Cool, typo my side. That's how I understood it. So: what's the deal then here if the rules are that clear cut?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in case my first post was not clear.

As far as the UCI rules are concerned the CSA ruling is incorrect.

The policy and appropriate sanction apply irrespective of whether the rider is found with needles in our out of competition.

i.e. at any time.

Thanks. 

So what's going on here then? Rules seem pretty clear cut to me and therefor no room for interpretation or error. 

Guest Lancesball

Just in case my first post was not clear.

As far as the UCI rules are concerned the CSA ruling is incorrect.

The policy and appropriate sanction apply irrespective of whether the rider is found with needles in our out of competition.

i.e. at any time.

How can CSA make such a ruling then? They think they can go above the "law" in terms of having their own ruling (which is not correct) stand. 

Aah, as always, part of the prosecution...

You have to admit, the statement below comes straight out of Saul Goodman's book of loopholes.

The thing is it sounds like he got off on a technicality (loophole), they should in addition to the legal mumbo jumbo give a good reason or explanation of the circumstances.

It was confirmed that Mr Croeser’s possession of syringes and needles prior to the 2015 UCI MTB World Championships in Andorra in September 2015 was not in contravention of any rules regarding anti-doping, the use of illegal substances or the “no needle policy” (UCI Medical Rule 13.03.058 (2) specifically states “In case a violation of article 13.3.052 occurs at a race”, whereas the needle discovery was days before the race while the rider was training).

This logic fails me. 

Why would you dope leading up to an event? You want to dope on the day of the event so you're glowing lekker for the testers when you have that amazing breakout performance...

Just glad CSA are protecting the 'riders'interests

Why would you dope leading up to an event? You want to dope on the day of the event so you're glowing lekker for the testers when you have that amazing breakout performance...

Just glad CSA are protecting the 'riders'interests

And people call ME a cynic...... :whistling:  :whistling:  :whistling:

Ok, lets try this posting in this thread again....

So I see paying your CSA license is like paying a retainer to the mob.. you know...for when you have to call in a favour....

Baaisiklist, I think you have a valid point...write to CSA, and demand your get out of jail free card!

The finding of Cycling South Africa’s Disciplinary Commission’s investigation into national mountain bike team rider Rourke Croeser’s potential UCI medical rule violation has found him not guilty of contravening UCI Medical Rule 13.03.058 (2).

Click here to view the article

Too much of confused... :huh:

What was the medical diagnostic equipment for Rourke?

Analysing the stuff that came out of the saddle sores he lanced? Oh, wait, am I conflating two different explanations that were floating around?

Ok, lets try this posting in this thread again....

So I see paying your CSA license is like paying a retainer to the mob.. you know...for when you have to call in a favour....

Baaisiklist, I think you have a valid point...write to CSA, and demand your get out of jail free card!

Too late... 24 months of my life, watching my back in the showers, trusting nobody..

No wait, that's Orange is the New Black. Nevermind...

Would love to do Epic again though.

I don't even need the medal, or to be classified as an official finisher...

Maybe Kev can be convinced to allow me to ride in an "AMNESTY EPIC".