New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I just got my offer from Auckland. 

Guess I'll be packing up this side now. 

Nice...jealous i am

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Hayley! Be sure to look us up when you get there. We will be moving in the next few weeks and will be sure to appreciate a familiar face.

Edited by nolipoli

Enjoy it! Life is way to short to do anything else!

Congrats.

My wife is doing her IELTS exam in Feb. She needs all 8s. I'm concerned that she won't get this and wondered whether anyone that's done it recently has any resources/websites that she can practice on. At R2600 I'm not keen on having to pay for it twice. Anyone?

What was the results here?

I don't know yet if I HAVE to do it, but I fear this will be the most difficult test in all this immigration thing for me to pass......  :wacko:  :mellow: I hate languages

What was the results here?

I don't know yet if I HAVE to do it, but I fear this will be the most difficult test in all this immigration thing for me to pass......  :wacko:  :mellow: I hate languages

When I was looking at NZ you didn't have to do an English test as long as you have a C on your matric certificate or if your degree was lectured in English.

When I was looking at NZ you didn't have to do an English test as long as you have a C on your matric certificate or if your degree was lectured in English.

Thanks for the info Ross. If that is the case I will be VERY happy!

Hayley...my wife and I were having a chat last night about you.

We have compiled a list of all the stuff we would like to show you on your arrival.

Its all the things that blew us away when we got here. I hope you dont mind, but your first few months are going to be real busy from a social point of view.

Mr ramrod....if you stop going to whangarei every weekend the same offer applies!!!

Especially seeing as winter is rolling in fast. Its important to ignore the weather and go out and about anyway.

If i am overstepping my boundaries, tell me to piss off.

We have compiled a list of all the stuff we would like to show you on your arrival.

Its all the things that blew us away when we got here. I hope you dont mind, but your first few months are going to be real busy from a social point of view.

Mr ramrod....if you stop going to whangarei every weekend the same offer applies!!!

Especially seeing as winter is rolling in fast. Its important to ignore the weather and go out and about anyway.

piss off...

:)

From what I know of HA, she's used to snow and cold. So winter isn't going to be an issue.

But, as always. Badass representing... 

Ok so I have been here a week now. Still feeling my way around, but getting the hang of things. Here are some pics from my experience so far (I apologise to those that have already seen them on my FB feed).

10987655_10153589204370658_7474781747160

Sunset in my hood!

12417772_10153589204465658_2572520608075

A view from my hood overlooking the city

10352400_10153589204955658_1524343107695

At the end of my street... look right!

12308515_10153589205010658_8293557539386

At the end of my street... look left (there's a ton of MTB trails in those hills. It's aso roughly the location of the new NZ$20m bike park.

10644488_10153589205045658_5003163537370

View from the back yard, overlooking the city!

1935878_10153593536520658_81007877821388

About to start my morning commute to work. 6km. Approx 180m descent in the first 2km.

1930283_10153589204505658_16383047022832

My commute home :lol: No ways I feel like a 180m  in 2km climb after a long day of work. I did try it on Tuesday. Wasn't terrible. But the bike racks on the buses are there for people like me, haha

Weather's been atrocious this last week in Auckland...maybe just as well, I have a cold so can't train anyway!

Going up there for free accommodation and food. Will see you next weekend though as i am taking occupation of our rental house.  Next weekend it is!

Weather's been atrocious this last week in Auckland...maybe just as well, I have a cold so can't train anyway!

Really. I thought only last night and this morning were bad.

WP You always amaze me with your friendliness and hospitality 1up!