New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Best wishes Wayne!

Funnily enough, I was thinking of finally finishing the BA I started through UNISA in 1995. I've only got maybe 3 papers to do...but the real mission now is pulling my academic record from UNISA. Anyone had any experience with that?

yes, wife had to do it as part of immigration.

Not difficult, but you do have to be patient.

I suppose you have waited since 1995, whats a month or two???  :whistling:  :eek:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best wishes Wayne!

Funnily enough, I was thinking of finally finishing the BA I started through UNISA in 1995. I've only got maybe 3 papers to do...but the real mission now is pulling my academic record from UNISA. Anyone had any experience with that?

I had to pull records for when we moved here. Tried unsuccessfully to do it over email/phone, so ended up going to UNISA offices in Cape Town and requesting them there. I can't remember whether I got them straight away, or if they arrived in the post. 

Thanks guys. It appears I have to fill in a form and post it then hope they will post something back eventually...

My last full weekend on the South Island so I decided to throw on some thermals and go on a mini adventure.

post-10758-0-58376400-1498430628_thumb.jpg

Despite the snow on the mountains, it was pretty sunny and not too cold (approx 7deg).

Out along the Waimak river, past the little town of Oxford, then through the Lees Valley.

The Lees Valley is absolutely spectacular. Pictures don't do it justice!

P1010802-L.jpg
(This pic is off google Images. I was too lazy to stop the bike and rummage through my backpack for my phone)

There were some river crossings, and my GPS battery died resulting in me thinking I was lost, with no phone signal, 1L of water, and half a packet of Jaffa Lumps  :ph34r: :lol:

What a great day out!

Edited by patches

Yesterday I started getting happy again, longer days are on its way back! :clap:

This morning however I realized with freezing fingers on the bike that winter is only coming around now and I might have to invest in long finger roadie gloves otherwise I will just waist time standing in the basement at work waiting for feeling in my fingers to come back for me to be able to unclip my helmet :huh:

Lekker weather though thus far this week :D

I'm still too scared to ride outside, just been getting back on the rollers a bit. Although Sunday was so mild a day that we were on the beach in kort pant. Here's my older boy flying a kite for the first time..

post-1046-0-13671700-1498515300_thumb.jpg

Edited by intern

Winter?! ...on the North Island.... bwahahahaa!

This is what my car looks like in the morning

post-10758-0-56564800-1498516477_thumb.jpg

post-10758-0-31390100-1498516507_thumb.jpg

I did end up spending a fair amount on gloves for cycling and motorbiking in this weather.

First purchase was some of these Kathmandu windstopper gloves to wear as inners for my normal TLD gloves.

14727_advection_v3_a_902.jpg

To be honest they weren't great, and felt very bulky on the bars. So I ended up getting another pair of these 100% Brisker gloves (lost my first pair)

http://www.ddcycles.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ride-100-Brisker-Cold-Weather-winter-gloves-yellow-black-orange.png

They work pretty well, even at 100kph+ on sub 5deg mornings.