New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Oh how dandy...........that also happens here if you send your kids to a decent(private) school !

Now you are probably going to tell me that in the land of milk and honey (NZ) school is cheap bla bla bla.....

Its all about choices, I have dual citizenship and choose SA at the moment, you made yours!

This is not for you rad006 but aimed at the NZ clan

I'm SO offended! ha ha. Yes, this NZ clan is so annoyingly positive, c'mon you lot, get busy bagging your new country...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, but this thread is like faceshit. Don't dare bring up anything that may not fit into the perfectly happy lives of the expat regulars. Do not be fooled, people have their shît there too.

Uh, yeah mate of course it is like that. You should notice how a few of us moan and groan about how cold it is, or that we miss our mates, or that it is hard to fit into a new job/society/scene. But, for me anyway, apart from my job that I hate, my life is perfectly happy. Sorry if you don't want to hear it, but as the other okes have said GTFO if that's the case. Nobody's making you read, right?

attachicon.gifIMG_8091.JPG

You want to know another thing that's great about New Zealand? Oxtail is considered offal so it's dirt cheap.

I bought all of this for less than a decent size rump steak.

Yeah boooi.

Where can I buy Wayne?

I love your guys and gal's positive attitudes... it's not easy to relocate to a new country and make it work, however it is what you make of it....

Some will and some refuse to adapt... I loved NZ when I was there and want to return to re-experience what I once did many years ago...

The adjustment curve according to the NZ Now website...

settlement-curve-newcomers-guide.JPG

Explanation here: https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/living-in-nz/settling-in/stages-of-settling-in

Yep.  Having moved around a bit, my advice has always been 'for the first year, put your head down and get on with it.  After a year you can start putting your head up and look around and start deciding if it's the right decision or not. '

Two years is probably better.

It's a tough decision....so well done guys...

Now I think it's time that the Hubbers in NZ should get together and perform the Haka for us..... :)

Woodhill was gorgeous this morning. All foggy, just right for Hobbitses...

Rode Woodhill on Saturday. Those tracks are so good at the moment.

Rode Woodhill on Saturday. Those tracks are so good at the moment.

Woodhill was gorgeous this morning. All foggy, just right for Hobbitses...

attachicon.gifIMG_1855.JPG

So technically I came really close to riding with some actual hubbers in NZ :whistling:

So technically I came really close to riding with some actual hubbers in NZ :whistling:

Yes, looks like it. We should arrange a hub ride out at Woodhill sometime. Would be really good to meet some of the NZ based hubbers.

Yes, looks like it. We should arrange a hub ride out at Woodhill sometime. Would be really good to meet some of the NZ based hubbers.

That sounds like a plan!

I'm riding there the Wednesday most of the day (if not raining) :D

But let me know, I am back in MTB-ing action now again.

On another note... Just booked my flight home for December!! :clap:  :clap: