New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo, it looks like I will have a job offer this week! All interviews done and dusted, now just admin to do.

Congrats Noli!!

That's awesome news! Holding thumbs that everything pans out smoothly!

Congrats Noli!!

That's awesome news! Holding thumbs that everything pans out smoothly!

Thanks Patches. It is for a position a level or two down from where I am now but I figured I could use the lack of pressure to my advantage while I settle in to the new country.

My current employers are trying to see if they can come up with something else concrete for me as a counter offer so it should be an interesting week. It could be that I find myself in Melbourne instead of Auckland, which would also be okay I guess.

I spent the weekend running and organising the Beach and Boat fishing comp in Whangerei. 1300 fisherman taking part plus families. It was an insane amount of work.

Great part of the country.

Definately need a boat.

my uncle and aunt stay up there. I have decided once I have residency I am getting a boat. Always loved boating, but first looking for a car and house

Fly out tomorrow with the wife for her final interview, Back on sunday and then i am here for a week and then fly back to Auckland for good. Hope the wife doesn't take too long to decide to join me. She is talking about the middle to end o f April.

Fly out tomorrow with the wife for her final interview, Back on sunday and then i am here for a week and then fly back to Auckland for good. Hope the wife doesn't take too long to decide to join me. She is talking about the middle to end o f April.

or...............

you get a dear john in one of your shoes :ph34r:

your whole process was relatively fast, nothing like a decent career choice to make it happen sooo much smoother

your whole process was relatively fast, nothing like a decent career choice to make it happen sooo much smoother

Not really. Just got lucky with a job offer.

Racking up some air miles i see.

See you soon G..

Not really. Just got lucky with a job offer.

The job offer was the easy part for me. It's the darn visa that's taking its time!

These medical assessors need to get a move on. I'm already a week late for my start date.

Previous surgery performed 15 years ago. No continuous treatment or complications as a result. My job is as a desk-jockey, not a power-lifter. Plus I have private medical that side, so no dependence on the state medical.

You guys are lucky with your job offers, pity the company I work for is only South African and up in Africa... ????

Edited by ZakAttak