New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

I have been following manon around New Zealand through her Instagram...she has posted some pretty cool pictures and videos

12543390_648451525296357_358968259_n.jpg

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a Quick Question? are the IELTS Compulsory? Because I've got a friend that is busy with his application and he said that the IELTS isn't necessary or Compulsory?  

But i'm reading here now that people study hard for it? Is he missing something?

Just a Quick Question? are the IELTS Compulsory? Because I've got a friend that is busy with his application and he said that the IELTS isn't necessary or Compulsory?  

But i'm reading here now that people study hard for it? Is he missing something?

I believe its a way of scoring extra points if you don't have enough points... not sure if its compulsory tho might depend on the type of visa

So today is my last official day at work.

It also happens to be the day I get an email from my immigration agent saying that my medical records were referred for further assessment, thus adding 6-10 weeks to the immigration process.

I phoned the doctor's office to see why. They said all tests and bloods were fine. TB x-ray was also fine, BUT the radiologist noted some of my 'titanium upgrades' which I have accumulated over the years. It seems that INZ are quite particular about such things and even though the doctor said they weren't an issue, they just want to come to the same conclusion themselves.

So... luckily the workload at our firm is huge, and I have been asked to stay on as a consultant/contractor until I leave.

Also lucky is that my NZ employer had a similar issue when he applied for his permanent residence (he is originally from the UK), so he is completely understanding that I won't be there in time for my start date.

Public service here tends to overestimate turnaround times so they can beat the expectations of customers. So if something can be expected to take a week, it usually happens in 2 or 3 days - that way, you're happy and their SLA is well met.

I am thinking of buying a boat.....

Good thinking. Check out the boat share options; it is not for me, but it works very well for DawieO, he absolutely loves his deal...walk on, walk off, no maintenance or cleaning, dry stack at Orams Marine downtown Auckland...

attachicon.gifIMG_0387.jpg

Ngarunui beach at Raglan on the West coast, about 2 hours from Auckland

did someone forget to turn the wave machine on?

Edited by Stretch

It makes a lot of sense here.

yeah...jut pulling your leg...every single person I know that has moved to New Zealand owns a boat and a deep sea rod...its just like Richards bay ...but instead, an entire country

yeah...jut pulling your leg...every single person I know that has moved to New Zealand owns a boat and a deep sea rod...its just like Richards bay ...but instead, an entire country

And here i thought that i would have to learn about rugby to fit in here.

For every 1 guy that tries to talk rugby with me, 5 guys, 5 ladies, 4 pensioners, 6 courier drivers and 11 dogs all try talk fishing.

And here i thought that i would have to learn about rugby to fit in here.

For every 1 guy that tries to talk rugby with me, 5 guys, 5 ladies, 4 pensioners, 6 courier drivers and 11 dogs all try talk fishing.

That definately fits under a bad in my book... Not a fan of fishing. Love swimming and Crawlies of the sea, Diving, Snorkeling all Great! Fishing ranks at the bottom of my list. Hows the whole spear fishing thing there maybe one could try that rather?

That definately fits under a bad in my book... Not a fan of fishing. Love swimming and Crawlies of the sea, Diving, Snorkeling all Great! Fishing ranks at the bottom of my list. Hows the whole spear fishing thing there maybe one could try that rather?

Spear Fishing counts.