New Zealand - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Wayne Potgieter

Great weekend on Waiheke for me and one of my best mates from SA. He has just made the move to Auckland, and we were invited by some work peeps for a fun weekend on the island (we work for the same firm, just different offices).

Anyway, beautiful scenery, great food. I even enjoyed a little hike (not my usual choice for self powered transportation).

But nice try north island... you almost tricked me into thinking you were better! hahaha

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great weekend on Waiheke for me and one of my best mates from SA. He has just made the move to Auckland, and we were invited by some work peeps for a fun weekend on the island (we work for the same firm, just different offices).

Anyway, beautiful scenery, great food. I even enjoyed a little hike (not my usual choice for self powered transportation).

But nice try north island... you almost tricked me into thinking you were better! hahaha

Damned cheeky Mainlanders. You can keep your mountains and the flipping freezingness down there :P.

The BAD: I struggle big time in NZ winter, feel like I am coming down with yet another cold. This will be the 3rd one this winter, and it is going well - the first, I managed to train through. The second was definitely flu and meant a layoff. This one, too early to call.

But it's kek cold and these multiple day wind and rain storms aren't that lekke.

Makes you really appreciate summer though!

Damned cheeky Mainlanders. You can keep your mountains and the flipping freezingness down there :P.

The BAD: I struggle big time in NZ winter, feel like I am coming down with yet another cold. This will be the 3rd one this winter, and it is going well - the first, I managed to train through. The second was definitely flu and meant a layoff. This one, too early to call.

But it's kek cold and these multiple day wind and rain storms aren't that lekke.

Makes you really appreciate summer though!

I find the winters pretty mild compared to the cold I am used to in JHB. Sure the mornings and evenings are cold but they days are fairly pleasant.

Another awesome weekend. ...accept maybe for the fact that I'm limping around now, but how does the saying go "break a leg"....well I think maybe it's just tons of inflammation. ..

Started again with beers after work, which was awesome because of a long hours at work last week (I'm presenting my project status in front of the big bosses this week). Then my new flatmate stopped by to drop some stuff incl his bike (temporary helping a colleague out with accommodation while he renovates his house).

Then Saturday i ride into work again to go check up on some tests. On my way home I had a 'front wheel wash out move the handle bars' bail. Damn it happened so quick and full impact on my knee..

Then I nursed my way home to try and get to my next plans on time which was to go watch club rugby (where my friend tossed the dog's ball into the tree and went climbing to get it out) and a braai (SA style) on the farm. I even chopped the wood myself for the braai. Haha. Fetched this mornings eggs from the chickens too and had raw milk in my coffee. How I love farm life (and just 30 min from Auckland)! And once again, the okes did All the cooking incl salads (and cleaning).

Today i was trying to get some rest for my knee. Eish. Tomorrow I'm going to get it looked at at the work clinic. I'm a bit worried cause i can't bend it and the whole leg looks blue.

(The last pic is from work, it's an application of the kind of equipment we develop and manufacture. There's loads more of course.) In the labs I test in we have 'fake lungs' to simulate breathing and I must say it's very scary to be in that lab at 12am!

Loads happening all the time, but yet I feel at peace :D

post-24697-0-31256700-1469354165_thumb.jpeg

post-24697-0-22471400-1469354383_thumb.jpeg

post-24697-0-17953400-1469354448_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-38062600-1469354536_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-28324500-1469354558_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-10884800-1469354598_thumb.jpg

post-24697-0-71199500-1469354674_thumb.jpeg

post-24697-0-96895100-1469354851_thumb.jpg

Living the good life!

Wash outs are the worst, one moment up, next moment down, so fast so hard. Heal up soon!

Taking strain with flu.

My daughter and wife are ill.

Apparently fresh immigrants are very susceptable to catching all sorts of bugs in the first year.

It sucks...i have a huge ski trip planned for this weekend. :(

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So guys which areas are you in from next week? Add/Correct my list so that maybe we can meet for a drink:

Wayne = Auckland

Clint = Auckland

Donovan = Whakatane 

Hayley???

Who is in South Island?

So guys which areas are you in from next week? Add/Correct my list so that maybe we can meet for a drink:

Wayne = Auckland

Clint = Auckland

Donovan = Whakatane

Hayley???

Who is in South Island?

Please dont use my real name on the hub.

Too many weirdos here.

[emoji48]

Taking strain with flu.

My daughter and wife are ill.

Apparently fresh immigrants are very susceptable to catching all sorts of bugs in the first year.

It sucks...i have a huge ski trip planned for this weekend. :(

Rule #5  :D 

Heal up badass  :thumbup:

Wayne = Auckland

Clint = Auckland

Donovan = Whakatane [/size]

Hayley???[/size]

Who is in South Island?[/size]

Ramrod - Auckland

Came across this article

http://www.averagekiwi.com/?p=94

Don't know how much of it is true but it sounds like there's lots of money to be made in real estate in Auckland.

Adminon July 16, 2016 at 4:28 am said:

Drunk again? Just because Mommy and Daddy wont throw some more money at you to pretend they love you doesn’t mean you have to get drunk all the time.

admin dont play on the island :clap:  :clap:  :clap: 

Wayne = Auckland

Clint = Auckland

Donovan = Whakatane 

Hayley???

Who is in South Island?

My house is 3.6km from my NZ parents place....find them, and you basically have found me :D